Fall Internship – Performance and Security Engineer
Location – Cary (Raleigh-Durham), NC
Position Type – Full time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
• Work on internal automation development.
• Analyze/Triage and categorize security scan results.
• Participate in product security architecture discussions.
• Participate in source code review.
• Participate in performance and penetration testing of software solutions to identify security vulnerabilities, risks, and mitigations.
• Perform product security reviews and provide feedback to elevate security posture.
• Reviewing source code for potential security issues.
• Help develop tools to support test automation of performance and penetration tests.
• Help develop tools to track and monitor common security factors across the portfolio of products.
Depending on your specific areas of interest, experience with one or more of the following is required.
• Working towards a Computer Science or related degree.
• Experience in software development in several languages like Java, Python, C.
• Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle.
• Familiarity with authentication and authorization, network protocols (e.g., TLS).
• Knowledge of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques.
• Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, BGP and other routing protocols).
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.