Full Stack Developer
Location – Cary(Raleigh-Durham) , NC
Position Type – Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is seeking a full stack developer that is passionate about solving complex end-to-end problems. The successful candidate will have strong troubleshooting and an understanding of software and networking. Most importantly, we are looking for a hands-on engineer that enjoys working with network equipment and interacting with domain experts. The ideal candidate will become an expert on the current generation of the product and define the path to the second generation.
- Maintain a legacy web application and the communication stack. Work with the Trilliant support team to identify and resolve issues on the legacy and next generation suites.
- Troubleshoot complex end to end issues involving network, meter configurations and customer external systems.
- Implement a migration path from the legacy systems to the next generation.
- Work in an open and agile environment, iterating quickly and often to arrive at the best solutions that make our products better for our users.
- Drive adoption of unified design systems and provide front-end coding expertise across the organization.
- Develop high quality, maintainable software that is suitable for production deployment in mission-critical environments.
Education & Certification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems Management or relevant discipline
- Certification related to application programming and database is highly desirable
- Degree/Certification in Graphic Design
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of work experience with a focus on AMI development.
- Experience with REST web service development
- Experience with mysql installation, administration and tuning required.
- Ideally experience with installing, configuring and troubleshooting network equipment.
- Knowledge of ANSI C12 and DLMS meter standards a strong asset.
- Ability to deliver quality in an Agile environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development (take full ownership of our code and its quality.)
- Solid understanding of using Git, Github, and continuous integration tools.
- Must be BILINGUAL
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, self-direct and attentive to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent team player
- Willing to travel to other Trilliant offices on occasion
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.