Product Support Engineer (Networks)
Job Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full-time/ Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Product Support Engineer (PSE) is responsible for direct (L2/L3) interaction with Trilliant’s customers and channel partners in support of new and existing products in our growing network of utility, IIOT and wireless networking products. Works closely with development organizations to help understand, isolate and resolve problems. PSE’s investigate customer reported problems to develop solutions and resolve production incidents or problems. Escalates un-resolvable problems to the appropriate Engineering team for further investigation and resolution. The PSE has a global operational perspective with detailed product knowledge and can reach across the organization in support of the installed base.
- Provide solution support across customer production sites that are in compliance with support agreements (SLA’s) including hardware, software and firmware.
- Act as a liaison to local program management teams for customer issues.
- Works with internal engineering teams to resolve customer issues that have not been solved through problem replication or known solutions. PSE’s verify issues, document steps to reproduce, validate solutions and typically apply the patch/upgrade or change to the production environment.
- Monitor and track network hardware and device failures and other irregularities as reported by the customer through the issue tracking system.
- Track all Trilliant products for failure trends and provide feedback to engineering for product enhancements or amendments.
- Manage and progress all issues recorded in Trilliants issue management system.
- Maintain the customer support labs and network environments used to replicate and troubleshoot customer issues.
- Creates BKM’s, Knowledge Base articles, Trouble Shooting documents and Process Flow diagrams.
- Daily review and update of the issue management system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Certification
- College degree in technical sciences, computer networking, computer science or related field
- Related work and or military experience also considered
- Industry Certifications in related IT disciplines highly desired (RHCSA, CCNA, MCSE, MCP)
- Knowledge of wired networks, commercial wireless networks and data networks (Access Points/Modems/Switches/Routers)
- Exposure to IEEE 802.11x, 802.15x and Mesh networks
- Knowledge of a variety of analytical tools, techniques and best practices used in the wireless networking and server maintenance areas desired
- Knowledge in Utilities (FAN/NAN/WAN) and Advanced Electrical Metering (Smart Meters) (ANSI C12.X / DLMS)
- Experience with Operating Systems such as Unix/Linux/CentOS
- Use of SQL queries against a database such as Oracle, MySQL or MSSQL with manipulation of CSV files
- Knowledge of virtual machines environments (VMWare)
- Experience with protocols such as SSH, Telnet, FTP, TCP/IP, DHCP, NTP and Remote connection software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, co-workers, staff at all levels, customers and outside contacts of diverse backgrounds while representing Trilliant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability to identify, propose and implement solutions
- Ability to work concurrent tasks in a fast paced environment while effectively organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating work assignments
- Must be able to work autonomously or as part of a local/remote team
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.