Job Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Our Quality Management team in Product Development is looking for a full-time Quality Manager to enable and support our exciting quality journey. The role requires a lean and agile mindset, patience and persistence to solve complex problems, recent experience in implementing organizational management systems based on ISO-9001, ISO-27001and enjoy driving adoption and change management. Role will also require developing and delivering training for enabling adoption and implementation of management systems. Knowledge and experience with disciplined program delivery using PRINCE2, CMMI-DEV or CMMI-SVCS) will also be a big plus. Experience with integrating standards based solution delivery with agile principles and methods will be very helpful in driving impactful changes in our product development space.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead quality management initiatives, reporting to VP of Quality in product development. The person will be the site quality management representative located at our Cary, NC headquarters and will be responsible for driving a step-change in product development outcomes through consistent adoption of Trilliant’s Integrated Management System (TIMS). The Quality Manager will work closely with the Product Management and Engineering teams in US and Canada and enable their adoption of TIMS through coaching, mentoring and periodic reviews.
This role will have responsibility for ensuring that all product development conforms to TIMS and shall monitor outcomes using Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
The Quality Manager will have several opportunities to demonstrate sound technical leadership, influence and enable change, support impactful continuous improvement and excellent relationship management with internal and external customers.
•Implement and mature Trilliant’s Integrated Management System (TIMS) for product development
• Train teams on the use of and consistent execution of the TIMS, so that the quality of Trilliant’s solutions delight customers and support the company’s quality objectives
• Establish sound processes and systems to assure quality and sustain quality improvements
• Build and rollout training plans for building or improving the core competencies required for impactful quality initiatives
• Improve cross-functional business processes to drive the external quality perception of our products and solutions
• Partner with product management and engineering teams to plan and run improvement projects that have clear objectives and measures of success
• Engage and drive quality tools and process automation deeper into the product development organization.
• Implement and hold the product development teams accountable to maintain standards and systems to assure target quality
• Use CAPAs from quality incidents, internal audits and customer feedback to drive continuous improvement
• Organize and develop management reviews at planned intervals to ensure the continuing suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of the TIMS
• Maintain updated knowledge of ISO-9001, ISO-27001, ISO-27005 and other pertinent standards and be an effective SME on such requirements
• Planning, managing, and overseeing the work to ensure ISO-9001:2015 accreditation and ensure that such accreditation is maintained
• Drive the integration of Lean Six Sigma mindset, principles and practices in product development and demonstrate the value realization to Trilliant and our customers
• Monitor the Quality Plan of programs to ensure conformance, effective implementation and acceptable outcomes using quantitative KPIs and qualitative data
• Actively engage in program governance by monitoring risk profiles and other outcomes/impact driven metrics
• Monitor action items from program governance and program risk profiles and ensure timely resolution
• Work with a talented, mission-driven and energized team who are passionate about delivering IIOT solutions that provide differentiated value to our customers.
Education & Certification
Degree in software engineering or related field is required. Additional academic credentials in humanities will be desired. Master’s degree is preferred but not mandatory
Certification: PMI-PMP, LSS-Green Belt or Black Belt is required. SAFe Agilist, SAFe-SPC or comparable certification desired.
• Employment Experience: 6-8 years
• A minimum of 7+ years in progressive quality roles leading quality initiatives in the product development area. A proven track record in a results-driven quality organization, of which at least 5 years’ work experience should be in the designing, implementing and continuously improving a Quality Management System (QMS) or an enterprise management system aligned to ISO standards and other solution delivery frameworks
• Strong technical leadership and ability to command respect at all levels of the organization
• In-depth knowledge of current versions of ISO-9001 and ISO-27001 standards from an implementation perspective is required. Familiarity with ISO-27005 will be a big advantage for this role
• Ability to learn quickly and manage initiatives – process implementation, process audits, training and continuous improvement using analytics
• Energy and passion to enable organizational change management for integrating ISO requirements and lean-agile methods in product development
• Experience with applying Lean principles and Agile practices in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to identify risks, issues and opportunities and support the development of solutions and mitigating actions
• Demonstrated understanding of industry standards, technologies, methodologies and best practices
• Excellent influencing, communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff
• Background and experience in a networks and telecommunication domain is highly desired
• Leadership skills: Results driven, pragmatic change agent, critical thinker, clear & concise communicator, self-directed, action-oriented, collaborative, continuous learner with a growth mindset
• Technical skills: Problem solving, process design and control, data-driven change management and continuous improvement, Lean Six Sigma projects, process automation, building and improving management systems (e.g. QMS), internal audit and CAPA management
• Tools experience: MS-Office, Atlassian Jira & Confluence, use of diagramming tools for applying lean methods. Experience with Minitab or similar tool preferred
• Travel: Willing to travel to other Trilliant locations. Travel outside the U.S. could be approx. 5% to 10%.