Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Senior Meter Technician is responsible for refurbishing, inspecting, calibrating and sealing of meters. The incumbent will play a key role in assisting with Measurement Canada documentation and audits. Participates in continuous improvement activities and in the promotion and business development of the metershop function.
Materials and Equipments
Precision instruments, meters, meter test boards, Hi-pot tester, test switches, wire cable, accessories, and miscellaneous hand tools & instruments
The responsibilities of the Meter Technician include:
- Operate test boards & other equipments.
- Refurbish, Hi-pot test meters repair, test and calibrate single & poly phase meters.
- Follow procedures governed by Measurement Canada and the company.
- Identify and record information as per Measurement Canada and the company’s procedures.
- Provide and implement solutions to problems arising out of day to day operations.
- Ongoing training & update technical procedures and Best practices as per Measurement Canada and company’s requirement and policy.
- Control and record non-conformance to the Measurement Canada and the company’s procedure.
- Make final inspection, prepare inspection certificate, sign & issue inspection certificate.
- Prepare daily production report and packing slips for sale of meters and other material.
- Locate, move, sort and assemble meters and metering equipment.
- Prepare paper work for meter for final shipment to customer.
- Promote safety through compliance with Trilliant QMS policies and procedures, taking steps to carry out work in a safe manner.
- Test, reprogram, and seal meters to internal and government standards, maintain meter test equipment and documents and review meter product Quality Documents before use.
- Support our Quality System by participating in audits and process development, identifying and documenting non-conformances, corrective actions, and promote continuous improvement.
- Train apprentices and staff on equipment and procedures.
- Working Knowledge of electrical boards, meters, metering devices and other related equipments and accessories.
Knowledge and Understanding of Measurement Canada Regulations
Skills & Qualifications:Education & Specialized Knowledge
- Electrical Technician or Technologist Certificate from a community college, or Certified Electrician License, considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of metering concepts and supporting technologies.
- Requires a minimum of 3-4 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to solve moderately complex problems.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with coworkers
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, EUSR, and other related safety regulations.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment and their life cycles
- Experience in continuous improvement activities
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.