Senior Network Administrator
Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Senior Network Administrator is primarily responsible for maintaining the Trilliant corporate infrastructure. Provides network, server and PC support duties including troubleshooting, application issues and server administration as well as installing updates and administration of network infrastructure. The Senior Network Administrator interfaces with third party support and vendors and attends various meetings related to computer technology. The incumbent assists in researching, proposing and implementing new technologies and provides training, as needed.
- Manage corporate wide complex information technology projects
- Corporate security infrastructure maintenance and configuration, ownership of the network infrastructure.
- Provide network performance monitoring, reporting, and evaluation
- Manage IT infrastructure, application and security planning, advises other departments on hardware and software alternatives; recommends standards for selection
- Development of network design, standards, policies, and operational procedures
- Apply techniques to protect Trilliant data through physical security, anti-virus methods, and sound data backup and recovery skills
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of applications and hardware platforms
- Maintains onsite inventory and maintenance contracts for equipment and parts
- Train users, keeps current on diversity of equipment and software in use
- Manage multi-tier user and infrastructure support tickets
- Provide first contact for technical support inquiries; providing ‘hands-on’ support for users requests for service; troubleshoots problems and develops solutions; makes minor repairs to equipment and arranges for other servicing needs.
- Other duties as required to meet divisional objectives
- 8+ years’ experience with local and wide area network infrastructure
- 8+ years of IT related 1st and 2nd Level Help Desk Support
- Available on-call for support and problem resolution 24 x 7
- Must be proficient with Windows and Linux environments
- Knowledge of new developments related to personal computers and networks
- Knowledge of a wide variety of application programs
- Training experience demonstrating application functionality in a group setting
- Proven experience in writing user guides and procedural documentation
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Education & Certification
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related field and 8+ years’ experience in personal computers and local and wide area network systems administration; or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
- 8+ years Cisco networking products (IOS, ASA, VPN Configuration, VLAN’s), CCNA/CCNP preferred
- 5+ years network infrastructure security (IPS, IDS, penetration test)
- 5+ years wireless network security administration
- 5+ years network monitoring and benchmarking
- 5+ years Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory administration
- 3+ years Linux (Red Hat, CentOS) Administration, LAMP experience preferred
- 3+ years Microsoft Office 365 and/or Exchange configuration and support
- 3+ SAN Administration (Compellent, EqualLogic)
- 3+ years VMware experience in a High Availability environment with Disaster Recovery
- Cloud (Azure/AWS) administration experience
- SharePoint administration
- SAP support
- Database (Oracle, MS SQL, MYSQL) support
- Proven ability to identify and diagnose problems related to computer hardware and software and to find effective solutions
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal presentation skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to quickly acquire an in-depth knowledge of multiple custom applications
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage available resources accordingly
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, vendors, contractors, and the general publictes
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.