Software Support Developer – L3
Location – Cary(Raleigh- Durham), NC
Position Type – Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is seeking a full stack developer that is passionate about solving complex end-to-end problems. The successful candidate will have strong troubleshooting and an understanding of software and networking. Most importantly, we are looking for a hands-on engineer that enjoys working with network equipment and interacting with domain experts. The ideal candidate will become an expert of Trilliant AMI and IIoT solutions.
- Maintain a legacy web application and the communication stack. Work with the Trilliant support team to identify and resolve issues on the legacy and next generation suites.
- Troubleshoot complex end to end issues involving network, meter configurations and customer external systems.
- Work in an open and agile environment, iterating quickly and often to arrive at the best solutions that make our products better for our users.
- Develop high quality, maintainable software that is suitable for production deployment in mission-critical environments.
- Represent the team on meetings with customer or with internal support and QA teams.
- Write and review specifications, recommend design and provide estimates.
- Develop and test complex components and fixes.
- Provide L3 support after releases and during critical periods.
Education & Certification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or relevant discipline
- Certification related to application programming and database is highly desirable.
- Degree/Certification in Graphic Design
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of work experience with a focus on AMI development.
- Ability to deliver quality in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of java development tools: ant, netbeans, Eclipse
- Hands on experience with build automation and SCM an asset (svn, maven, Artifactory, Hudson, etc).
- Solid understanding of Git, Jenkins, and continuous integration tools.
- Experience with web development (Tomcat, JSP, XML) required.
- Experience with REST web service development
- Database and SQL experience required, preferably with Oracle and mysql
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, OSGi an asset
- Ideally experience with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network equipment.
- Knowledge of ANSI C12 and DLMS meter standards a strong asset.
- Demonstrates creative, technical, and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated, self-direct and attentive to detail
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent team player
- Willing to travel to other Trilliant offices on occasion.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.