Support Engineering Analyst/Engineer
Job Location Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Position Type Full-time/ Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Support Engineering Analyst (SEA) is a direct resource to respond to customer technical inquiries and problems via a web based issue management system, email and telephone calls. The SEA must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to both clients and internal personnel while working under pressure and within time constraints. The SEA documents client calls in the Issue Management system; provides troubleshooting leading to issue isolation; identifies replication steps; ensures client expectations are properly managed and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. The SEA is a Tier-2 support resource and is generally able to resolve customer cases related to application usage, reporting, configuration, setup and best practices. Additionally the support engineering analyst will have responsibility for specific daily, weekly and monthly operational and analytical functions under sustainment services utilizing Trilliant’s propriety application solutions such as Unity Suite and NEMS. The Support Engineering Analyst will setup and maintain internal servers interfaced to network hardware used for application testing for debug purposes. The SEA is also a SME on SecureMesh WAN, NAN and IHD devices such as gateways, collectors, extenders, connectors, repeaters, meters and cellular devices.
- Coach and assist customers and internal personal in utilization of support tools (FootPrints/TstBench/ProCare)
- Review, revise and maintain commissioning handover documents provided by SI Team for production customers
- Test and debug applications and interface errors in order to establish root cause of problems
- Document root cause of errors and work with development teams to resolve
- Investigate and resolve issues that could be associated with application errors, database or data errors, network connectivity and server performance
- Able to identify issues that require elevation through defined Tier Support structure
- Interface with development teams in all office locations to promote continuous improvement
- Perform trend and pattern analyses by gathering, validating and deriving insight from diverse data sources
- Perform and generate standard reports as well as demand or ad-hoc reports
- Evaluate, interpret and compile pertinent data in a clear and concise manner
- Able to provide input and support for applications with a production environment
- Provides advice to client on application configuration and database tuning/indexing
- Able to understand client business processes and data needs to meet customer SLAs
- Monitor and track overall AMI performance metrics and make recommendations to improve performance
- Responsible for data extractions and reporting using SQL queries and other reporting tools
- Ability to multi-task on various projects with tight deadlines
- Provides comprehensive support to customers with Trilliant Hardware such SecureMesh Wide Area Network (WAN), Neighborhood Area Network (NAN), In Home Display (IHD) and Cellular Readers
- Provides Frontend support for RMA processing including warranty entitlement, troubleshooting and Issue management assistance.
- May provide onsite support for advanced troubleshooting or upgrade services
- Other duties as required
Education & Certification
- University or College Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Computer and Information Technology, Network Engineering or related field.
- Industry certifications such as: RHCE, MCP, MSSE, MSCA CCNP, CCNA desired
- Military or related work experience will also be considered
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desired
- Strong web application knowledge utilizing Java including configuration and troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge of Oracle, MySQL & MSSQL Server relational database architectures
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL) , PL/SQL Block in Oracle 11g or higher
- Data acquisition application knowledge would be an asset
- Desired knowledge of Apache web server, Tomcat, SQL, Scripting and Java in a Linux OS environment.
- Understanding fundamentals of network architecture and TCP/IP communication
- Utilities industry experience and understanding of AMI is an asset
- Exposure to IEEE 802.11x, 802.15x and Mesh networks
- Experience in utilities (HAN/NAN/WAN) and Advanced Electrical Metering (Smart Meters) including ANSI C12.X desired
- Experience with protocols such as SSH, Telnet, FTP, TCP/IP, DHCP, NTP and Remote connection software
- Experience with Operating Systems such as Unix/Linux/CentOS and Microsoft Server
- Knowledgeable in software development lifecycle, software QA processes, IT change management and issue and problem management
- Possess experience and an understanding of ITIL Service Delivery Framework including problem and issue management, issue classification and prioritization, and root cause analysis methodology
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization, with customers, business partners and outside consultants
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- 3-5 years of work experience as a Systems Analyst, Support Analyst, Customer Support Analyst, Product Support or Technical Support
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills including tools, techniques and best practices
- Highly motivated, and able to work independently towards long term goals, undertaking personal initiatives to learn and advance one’s own understanding of Trilliant’s hardware and software products
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning regarding the installation, configuration and operation of the hardware and software components that make up an Smart Grid or AMI network
- Have the discipline to capture and record lessons learned from troubleshooting and support experiences for the knowledge transfer to other staff and the development of the internal knowledgebase
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency when responding to issues according to defined service level agreements to customers inquiries via issue management systems, email or telephone
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external customers regarding troubleshooting and technical support
- Develop a technical competency with Trilliant hardware and software products required to provide technical support via telephone, web and email
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required for customer project deliverables and documents
- Able to work on concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment while effectively organizing; prioritizing and coordinating work assignments
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.