Job Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is a fast-growing tech company providing end-to-end wireless solutions to utilities worldwide. Using advanced wireless networking technologies like RPMA, Trilliant helps utilities to create very large scale wireless networks that can cover several square miles with a single wireless access point.
Trilliant is seeking a talented Systems Engineer who will independently and proactively develop analysis methods, test, execute, collect, and analyze pilot and production system data. Will work closely with field services and systems engineering teams to characterizing current and new software and firmware network performance using Trilliant’s new industry leading RPMA technology. The systems engineering group will work closely with the rest of engineering teams to design, implement, and integrate compelling products like streetlights/water/gas meters, and will work with product management team to articulate network performance to the customers and the market. This position leans heavily on previous wireless networking experience and troubleshooting. This position requires collaborating with decentralized teams.
- Develop Wireless testing environment using RPMA technology
- Create traffic models based on Trilliant SecureMesh protocol
- Create deployment budgeting models for different customer network topologies
- Define, collect, and characterize networks statistics from existing networks o Analyze network characteristics and identify areas for efficiency improvements (including power savings)
- Perform specific improvements to quantify and compare to theoretical
- Write whitepapers, create presentations, and provide material for case studies to clearly demonstrate network performance
- Create deployment and tuning guideline documents
- Support Trilliant’s professional services team, including providing technical training for field services team on tools developed, guidance on network issues in the field, and troubleshooting assistance where appropriate
- Support deployment and troubleshooting of new firmware and software in laboratory environment and in the field at customer pilot and production deployments
Details of Work
- Validate new firmware and software performance on Trilliant RPMA protocol. This engineer will begin proactively analyzing the existing performance and working to improve the performance in collaboration with other development teams in pilot and production networks.
- Create traffic models based on Trilliant securemesh protocol. This engineer is expected to create traffic models in Matlab or equivalent that can predict theoretical throughput, capacity, and latency.
- Create deployment budgeting models for different deployed network topologies. This engineer is expected to develop a collection of models (low, medium, and high density) based on models and measurement to validate exis
- ting performance against actual performance.
- Define, Collect, and Characterize Networks Statistics from existing networks. This engineer is expected to define and collect network statistics in the lab, remotely, and locally on-site for current production deployments. The engineer will analyze and report on improvement recommendations with presentations and whitepapers.
- Create deployment and tuning guideline document. This engineer is expected to collect and aggregate all current internal documents and then add information based on the above assignments and analysis to provide a customer-facing deployment and tuning guideline document. This document will cover necessary design criteria, deployment models, backhaul scenarios, layout examples and tuning methods, data collection techniques and analysis for quotation and design performance evaluation.
Education & Certification
- 4-year Engineering degree required
- 6-year combination of education and experience
- Networking background in both wired and wireless Protocols
- RF Experience with Zigbee (802.15.4), WiFi (802.11), Wireless Mesh, or other wireless standards
- Protocol experience with IPv4, IPv6, TCP/IP, XML APIs like REST
- Database experience like mySQL, Oracle, Cassandra and ability to write SQL queries to retrieve data
- Experience processing very large data sets
- Experience with Outdoor or Indoor Customer Wireless deployments required
- Protocol and System Performance on Paper or using Wireless Sniffers or using Spectrum Analyzers
- Multi-tier networks and integration experience.
- Meeting Customer SLAs through various system component or modules
- Setting up own Lab Networks
- Experience with Data Analysis from Firmware Radio Statistics
- Designing and developing scripts
- Linux Computer systems, VM experience
- Previous Test Engineering or QA Experience a plus
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work alone as well as in a group
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong leadership qualities to lead less experienced team members
- Strong analytical, problem resolution and decision making skills
- Proactive tenacity
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.