VP of Sales
Location Concord, Ontario
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is a leading smart grid platform provider, providing end-to-end communications networks and management capabilities, with applications to enable smart metering, energy efficiency, distribution automation, and renewable energy resources. The VP of Sales is an executive level position responsible for leading all company sales efforts and activities throughout the Canadian region. This position will have responsibility for expanding the entire smart grid solution portfolio of products into new markets and customers. This position is responsible for achieving annual business performance targets including bookings, revenue and profit goals as determined collaboratively with the managing director for the region. We are looking for a seasoned professional who is committed to winning and leveraging their executive contacts.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Full responsibility of sales operating plan for the region, working both directly with customers as well as utilizing partners.
- Utilize industry experience and knowledge of market to prioritize opportunities and develop strong vertical relationships within target utilities and strategic partners
- Understand competitive environment and competitor offerings in order to develop sales strategy
- Assist in the identification and development of strategic relationships with regulators, market-related associations, organizations, trade groups and other industry influencers to improve position in market
- Assist in developing and refining go to market plan for business
- Represent as the most senior sales executive at national conferences, client meetings and other public forums
- 10+ years of successful performance in handling complex, multi-faceted, long sales cycle, direct large account customers – e.g. government, system integration engagements, Telecommunications, Utilities
- Understanding of the Utilities and Energy regulatory process
- Ideal candidates bring a range of customer and partner relationships within the Utilities industry
- Well-organized, creative, strategic thinker equally capable of tactical execution and driving results
- Extensive experience selling to and presenting to C-level executives
- Customer-centric mindset, able to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions
- Experience successfully introducing a new company/product/service into new and relevant markets
- Ability to articulate vision and value to utilities, customers, channel partners, and end users; to differentiate the company from competitors
- Exceptional relationship-orientation, with a robust track record of closing deals
- Conceptual knowledge of:
- Utility and Municipal services
- Metering, AMI, Smart Grid, Edge Computing, Analytics
- LAN/WAN networked systems – RF mesh, cellular
- Bachelor’s degree an asset. MBA or other post graduated qualifications preferred.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed; teamwork and strong interpersonal skills are critical
- Must possess experience working in a fast-paced, results oriented culture
- Relationship development skills to forge positive and lasting relationships with key value chain partners, including external utility clients and distribution channels
- Positive attitude, persistent, and track record of personal accountability. Committed to winning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel in Canada and limited USA.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.