Director Supply Chain
Trilliant offers a universal communications platform that is at the convergence of smart grid, smart city, and global Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. We bring together multi-technology solutions, global capabilities, and mission-critical communications to deliver future proof solutions.
We are a device agnostic, integrated, multi-technology communication platform that provides flexibility to balance technological capabilities with economic needs. At Trilliant, we are committed to best-in-class solutions that empower our customers and their customers to connect the world of things.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering comprehensive benefits and compensation packages with a selection of insurance programs. We have dynamic and collaborative work environments with some of the brightest employees in the world. We invest in people and provide opportunities for our employees to grow hand in hand with our business.
This position will design and execute global supply chain strategies and plans to meet the company’s short and long-term supply chain management objectives. From new product introduction to supply management to order planning to contract manufacturer oversight to ultimate fulfillment globally, the candidate will provide strategic alignment for the procurement of all materials and services used for the global manufacturing of Trilliant’s products. Design, develop and implement sourcing strategies based on best supply chain management practices to optimize company spend while managing contract manufacturer and supplier relationships. This position will be reporting to the CFO and working closely and collaboratively with commercial front-end leadership, revenue delivery teams, product and R&D teams, controllership and FP&A functions.
- Support international business operations (i.e. Multiple regions) to achieve annual financial & operational targets
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholder departments to develop mechanisms that will improve quality, provide realistic schedules, standardize processes and reduce lead times while maintaining low inventory levels.
- Implement LEAN material flow, processes and procedures throughout global supply chain while managing the team to critical KPI’s.
- Create specific sourcing strategies to optimize supplier base and lower Total Cost of Ownership.
- Manage, negotiate and maintain relationship with company’s contract manufacturers and individual component providers.
- Review and analyze sourcing and supply chain requirements to maintain optimal logistics and inventory control.
- Oversee and manage RFQ/RFP for goods and services.
- Research and interview potential contract manufacturers in collaboration with global procurement team and or relevant key stakeholders.
- Negotiate pricing and delivery to specific budgets and terms.
- Assess and (re)negotiate supplier terms and conditions and supervise supplier and contract manufactures performance to ensure continuity of supply.
- Identify risks in supply chain, conduct inspections of suppliers as necessary and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Ensure supplier compliance with regulatory requirements globally.
- Manage strategic supplier relations including all partnerships, forecasts, consignment arrangements, etc.
- Monitor suppliers, returns, rejections and drives supplier corrective actions as required.
- Responsible for observing good business practices, protecting the interests of Trilliant and for buying at the best possible price consistent with time, quality and quantity requirements.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of purchasing, sourcing, and relationship maintenance with Trilliant’s supply base.
- Manage supply chain to support continuous improvement and quality initiatives.
- Lead supplier selection and recommendation activities including qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Leadership style is compatible with Trilliant C-level management to yield high performance results.
- Will have held a general management position for a large, complex company in excess of 300 people and prior experience of leading successful global supply chain initiatives.
- Strong record of achieving revenue, growth, quality metrics for large scale Enterprise network deployment.
- Will have dealt with strategic issues facing quality & process improvement strategy and success for business units in global markets.
- Will have previous operational experience in a public company as well as a startup environment, to ensure that he/she will be effective in dealing with all constituents, including C-level clients, senior government officials, employees, and customers.
- Leadership qualities, including someone that will act as a driver to the various functional business units, through excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal and problem-solving skills to influence results through others.
- Should have international management experience and needs to be willing to travel.
- Will have demonstrated success in identifying, attracting, developing and engaging top talent and in a growing fast paced environment.
- Superior understanding of the Enterprise market and the ability to translate them into organization goals and key performance metrics.
- Proven leadership ability to demonstrate trust, personal learning, collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong tactical and operation execution skills
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, etc.)
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in a start-up environment where teamwork and strong interpersonal skills are critical
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing and related processes for software intensive electronics
- Relationship development skills to forge positive and lasting relationships with key value chain partners, including external utility clients and distribution channels
- Understanding of and ability to manage a geographically dispersed supplier network
- Manages people well, gets the most and best out of the people he/she has sets and communicate goals, measures accomplishments, rewards successes while also holding people accountable
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent