Trilliant offers a universal communications platform that is at the convergence of the smart grid, smart city, and global Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. We bring together multi-technology solutions, global capabilities, and mission-critical communications to deliver future-proof solutions.
We are a device-agnostic, integrated, multi-technology communication platform that provides flexibility to balance technological capabilities with economic needs. Trilliant is committed to best-in-class solutions that empower our customers and their customers to connect to the world of things.
We are an equal-opportunity employer offering comprehensive benefits and compensation packages with a selection of insurance programs. We have dynamic and collaborative work environments with some of the brightest employees in the world. We invest in people and provide opportunities for our employees to grow hand in hand with our business.
In this role reporting to SC MFG Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our contract manufacturer partners that assemble and build our complete line of products.
As part of a manufacturing engineering group (MFG/TESTING/QA) that introduces new products to manufacturing and supports those products through the end of life, you will specialize in the manufacturing of the electronics and box build of sophisticated communication and energy-related systems. The ideal candidate would have experience with electronics assemblies, having directly worked for a subcontractor of electronic products. This could include manufacturing process troubleshooting of printed circuit board assemblies. This position provides a fast-paced, multi-project environment where you can make an immediate impact on product quality.
You will also work directly with our R&D engineering team to review assembly procedures and instructions prior to deployment at the CMs and conduct new production introduction (NPIs), Product Validation, and Testing (PVTs) activities. You would ensure a smooth flow of Production introduction up to volume ramping to meet customer schedules and to ensure product delivery commitment is met.
This position requires collaboration among cross-functional teams within Trilliant as well as with vendors, customers, and strategic business partners. You will be providing cross-functional leadership and collaboration with R&D, Finance teams, Project Managers, and Directors to establish, maintain, and improve the Trilliant product line’s overall assembly quality experience.
- Strong experience in processes involved with electronic product manufacturing.
- Serve as a technical reference within Trilliant about anything related to electronic product assemblies
- Owner of the manufacturing engineering validation steps and processes required to insure that Trilliant subcontracted products are built according to our strict requirements. Completes NPI/PVT reports.
- Work with our CM to identify areas for improvements, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Share best manufacturing practices with our CMs.
- Diligently work with R&D and the Contract Manufacturers (CM) to ensure that our products are designed for Excellence (DFx). Conduct DFx analysis with our CMs,
- Analyze field reliability data and product along with the CMs, the R&D & RMA team, to propose design improvements. Provide design feedback for manufacturability, serviceability, and reliability.
- Manage internal and external requests about product assembly issues; establish priorities.
- Reviewing and challenging (when applicable) warranty claims;
- Working to meet Fiscal Year Departmental Goals;
- Proactively makes recommendations and changes that could improve efficiencies of SC MFG ENG TEAM operations;
- Manages customer escalations in regard to MFG issues on the highest priority and works with internal teams for solutions;
- Whenever required, participate in internal and customer meetings to review production activities;
- Participating in the resolution of customer concerns about product issues;
- Establish and maintain communication flow between engineering teams and CMs;
- Publicize findings (production issue) and work in conjunction with R&D teams to identify corrective actions and engineering change requests;
- Participating in ISO audits. Actively participate in creating, reviewing, and updating department ISO documents (MFG ENG wise), processes, and work instructions to ensure compliance levels are met;
- Drive permanent resolution of manufacturing issues and customer issues caused by supplier or design defects when applicable.
- Participate in audits at client, OEM, and subcontracting firm locations to identify areas of improvement specific to MFG engineering.
- Establish and publicize Production metrics; Prepare and review production reports regarding the department’s performance and productivity to ensure the quality of service from SC MFG ENG TEAM and it meets the department’s KPI;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with subcontracting firms and OEM (original equipment manufacturer);
- Provides leadership and/or participation in customer Quality Meetings (QM) and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR).
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a similar role;
- Good experience with the printed circuit board and box build assembly processes;
- Outstanding customer service skills; strong customer service orientation, ethics, and ability to be empathetic and accept ownership;
- Good knowledge of IPC Standards;
- Excellent communication skills in English– both written and oral; French/Spanish fluent is an asset;
- Ability to work in a start-up environment where teamwork is critical;
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and related processes with firmware and software-intensive electronics products;
- Proven ability to forge positive and lasting relationships with business partners, and contract manufacturers including external utility clients and distribution channels;
- Proficient with MS Office applications;
- Open to other cultures, worldwide traveling (6-10 travels per year)
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Very hands-on, with strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of ARENA solution; Product lifecycle Management tool.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven ability to manage a geographically dispersed supplier network.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- PMP certification is an asset.
- Certified 6 sigma green belt, an asset.
PASSIONATE-We find the right solutions for customers and exceed their expectations.
ACCOUNTABLE-We work smartly and tackle problems with urgency to get the job done.
CONFIDENT We look to the future and partner with each other to deliver world-class solutions.
ENERGIZED-We are excited and support the growth and direction of Trilliant.