Firmware Engineer – RPMA
Job Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full-time/ Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is seeking an embedded firmware engineer with strong networking expertise to join the Trilliant RPMA team.
- Act as an embedded firmware developer for wireless infrastructure and Industrial IoT products within the Trilliant product line.
- Develop firmware for new products as well as support existing products.
- Develop new interfaces for these products as required in response to customer requests.
- Work hands-on with Trilliant networking products in conjunction with a variety of third-party networking hardware and software systems.
- Document the interface protocols between new and existing products and systems.
- Assist in sustaining engineering efforts for legacy products.
- Support automated test development for manufacturing.
- Utilize and support source code and build management solutions.
- Act as a technical resource for internal and external customers.
- Interface with business development team as required.
- Participate in occasional field testing exercises.
- 4+ years of related experience in communications-related firmware development.
- Development experience with embedded controller boards and a working knowledge of processors like ARM, PowerPC, MIPS, etc.
- Proven ability to program in C and C++ for embedded environments.
- Familiarity with Python
- Solid knowledge of networking and internetworking concepts and technologies (Ethernet, OSI Layers, TCP/IP, IPsec VPN, packet inspection and analysis, related applications and protocols including FTP, SSH, SNMP, HTTP, and DHCP).
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Understanding of 802.11, 802.15.4, or cellular radio communications principles.
- Ability to connect and configure a variety of networking hardware components including Ethernet switches, and VPN routers.
- Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and/or JTAG debugging tools.
- Ability to read and understand hardware schematics and data sheets.
- Development experience with embedded Linux, VxWorks, or other RTOS.
- Highly self-motivated, work with minimal supervision, with an attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.