Hardware Engineer – RPMA
Job Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full-time/ Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is seeking a hardware engineer with RF and digital design skills to join the Trilliant RPMA team. The engineer will be responsible for board and system level design for various Trilliant wireless infrastructure products.
- Develop hardware for new products as well as support sustaining engineering tasks on released products.
- Contribute to all phases of the project lifecycle; specification, design, prototype, release, production, and support.
- Work with firmware and system engineers to generate and execute performance tests.
- Support regulatory/compliance team to insure EMC/EMI and safety certifications are achieved.
- Interface with mechanical engineers to define enclosures and validate thermal behavior.
- Assist with the development of automated test platforms for manufacturing.
- Provide technical assistance for internal and external customers as required.
- Interface with business development team in generating functional specification.
- 5+ years of related experience in communications-related hardware development
- Familiarity working with embedded controller boards (ARM, PowerPC, MIPS based)
- Experience working with Ethernet PHY and 802.3af/at PoE circuitry
- Hands on knowledge of spectrum analyzers, power meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and HW debugging tools
- Basic understanding of 802.11a/g/n, Zigbee, and cellular radio communications principles
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and work on several projects at one time
- Ability to understand, create, and edit schematics using Orcad or a similar software tool
- Debug analog and digital circuits at the PCB level
- Familiarity with PCB design software, such as PADS or Allegro, and gerber viewing software
- Excellent prototyping skills with a creative ability to assemble prototypes using small hand tools
- Proficient at soldering SMT components and modifying existing PWA’s for debug and test purposes
- Create high quality test reports, test procedures, and assembly documentation using Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with FCC Part 15, EN60950, and ETSI certification testing
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.