Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle. This includes managing the product throughout the Product Lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
The Product Manager is expected to:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
- Provide technical sales support
- Perform product demos to customers
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Develop sales tools and collateral
- Propose an overall budget to ensure success
- Brief and train the sales force at quarterly sales meetings
- Act as a leader within the company
- 2-5 years experience as a Product Manager
- 3+ years of experience in a smart grid/utility industry role preferred, but not required
- Technical background and experience with streetlighting, electric meters, commercial IoT and the various protocols utilized in these devices/solutions.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel 25% of the time
- Examples and at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.