Integration Partner Support EE / RF Engineer
Job Location Granby, Québec
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is currently hiring an Electrical and RF Engineer. This person will support Trilliant’s growing number of partners who are integrating our technology into their products (e.g. meter partners, streetlight partners, etc.).
- Work in a dynamic, high-growth environment to help our integration partner’s develop products that meet rigorous engineering standards.
- Become familiar with our Open Smart Device Interface (OSDI) module integration program and corresponding reference design. Improve upon existing partner OSDI documentation so as to better guide our partners.
- Interface with and support our 3rd party partners by getting them up to speed on the OSDI technology and reviewing their schematic design, Printed Circuit Board (PCB) placement and layout, antenna selection and placement.
- Guide partners on bringing up their prototype boards and testing all aspects of the design against our specifications.
- Guide our partners on conducting RF and other regulatory testing on their products (e.g. networked meters) either in their own lab or at a test facility.
- Perform RF tests on 3rd party partners designs.
- Work with our regulatory team to gain knowledgeable of local type approval environment so as to guide our partners through their compliance testing.
Education & Certification
Engineering Degree or equivalent job experience required (5+ years relevant experience)
- 5 or more years of EE Engineering experience in the areas of product design, development, and / or testing is required.
- Knowledge of RF circuits and concepts is preferred. Antenna design not necessary, but ability to specify and integrate antenna products & components inside a system is required.
- Familiarity with PCB design software, such as PADS or Allegro, and Gerber viewing software is required.
- Hands on knowledge of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers is required.
- Strong debugging skills of analog circuits at the PCB level is required.
- Excellent prototyping skills. Creative ability to assemble prototypes using small hand tools. Must be proficient at soldering SMT components and modifying existing PWA’s for debug and test purposes.
- Extremely strong written and spoken English skills are required to work with our partner companies.
- Attention to detail is critical. Must be able to write design documents, user specifications and enjoy the task of improving and expanding existing documentation.
- Knowledge of RF (GSM, HSPA, Zigbee…) and networking technologies is an asset.
- Knowledge in product certification (FCC/IC, Immunity, CE, CSA/UL, etc.) is an asset.
- Highly self-motivated, self-direct and attentive to detail
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong time management skills with ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time, mostly to partner sites to work directly with partners in Asia and other parts of the world.
What we offer
- Flexible hours;
- Paid insurance;
- Pension plan;
- Free parking;
- Friendly and relaxed work environment where the wearing of jeans is accepted every day of the week;
- An R & D environment where you are involved and contribute to the success of the company;
- A company located in Granby, this beautiful city in the Eastern Townships, halfway between Montreal and Sherbrooke, with its paved bike paths all connected to the Route verte, is also host to several Festivals. The many green spaces, lakes, scenic landscapes, parks, ski centers and water parks nearby make it a family environment of choice.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the title of the position in the subject line.