Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Bilingual Support Engineer is responsible in supporting Trilliant’s existing and new customers for maintaining their Production environment and manage their issues based on the support level agreements (SLAs). Works closely with Engineering to help understand, isolate, and resolve problems. Performs escalation of critical issues and ensure that the support group can help the customer in a timely manner. Manage the after-hours and weekend support for select customers and be an escalation point for critical issues. Track and report on the support group metrices and customer service performance.
- Provide customer support based on service level agreements (SLA’s) including hardware, software, and firmware
- Manage customer accounts including cloud hosting and third-party components
- Manage customer relationship and be the face of Trilliant
- Perform service management and change control
- Manage SaaS service including Trilliant applications, access, and control.
- Works with the customer on deploying patches/upgrade to their production environment
- Works with engineering teams to resolve customer issues that have not been solved through problem replication or known solutions.
- Track and report metrices on customer’s SLAs and expenses
- Host meetings with internal teams as required to keep all stake holders informed of high profile / impact customer issues as recorded in the issue management system
- Manage and progress all issues recorded in Trilliant’s issue management system.
- Daily reviews and updates of Trilliant’s issue management system
- Be part of an on-call staff and be an escalation point for critical issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in Customer Support for Production Systems
- Experience in AWS deployment, management, and maintenance
- Experience with virtual machine and server management
- Experience with Operating Systems such as Unix/Linux/CentOS and Microsoft Server
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, co-workers, staff at all levels, customers and outside contacts of diverse backgrounds while representing Trilliant
- Experience in utilities and Advanced Electrical Metering (Smart Meters)
- Use of SQL quarries against a database such as Oracle, MySQL or MSSQL with manipulation of CSV files
- Experience with protocols such as SSH, Telnet, FTP, TCP/IP, DHCP, NTP and Remote connection software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and other deployment tools a plus
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule and/or overtime as needed to meet required deadlines
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary or required (~25%)
- College degree in computer sciences, computer networking or related field. Related work and or military experience will also be considered
- Certifications in computer field highly desired (ie AWS CCNA, MCSE, MCP)