Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
You will be a Performance & Security Engineering Intern on the Cybersecurity team at Juniper Networks. Our mission is to ensure that all Juniper products are sufficiently secure to operate safely in their intended environments. To this end, we create reference designs and code for software and firmware security features. We also conduct original research and evangelize security engineering practices across the company.
The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects. Connections to other interns, recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders.
• Work on internal automation development.
• Analyze/Triage and categorize security scan results.
• Participate in product security architecture discussions.
• Participate in source code review.
• Participate in performance and penetration testing of software solutions to identify security vulnerabilities, risks, and mitigations.
• Perform product security reviews and provide feedback to elevate security posture.
• Reviewing source code for potential security issues.
• Help develop tools to support test automation of performance and penetration tests.
• Help develop tools to track and monitor common security factors across the portfolio of products.
Depending on your specific areas of interest, experience with one or more of the following is required.
• Working towards a Computer Science or related degree.
• Experience in software development in several languages like Java, Python, C.
• Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle.
• Familiarity with authentication and authorization, network protocols (e.g., TLS).
• Knowledge of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques.
• Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, BGP and other routing protocols).
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.