Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Project Manager reports to the Director, Customer Operations and is responsible for the successful management and delivery of customer projects within the Trilliant Networks (Canada) region. This includes Trilliant’s Smart Buildings program, AMI system projects, and Smart City applications.
- Accountable for the services and project delivery, ensuring services meet the business needs and are delivered to the contractual terms and standards agreed to with the customer
- Ensure that contract commitments are managed successfully from design to completion, ensuring that the Trilliant business is compliant with the contract and providing appropriate management reporting on non-compliance. Driving escalations and actions to closure.
- Manage external contractors to ensure work is complete in accordance with design specifications, and in accordance with Corporate and public safety standards, regulatory requirements and positively promotes Trilliant with its clients
- Manage the new project design process and coordinate equipment change outs with clients, to satisfy operational and Measurement Canada regulatory requirements.
- Manage and implement project upgrades that improve the reliability and performance of systems at client sites.
- Prepare project reporting that provides project status and any exceptions or risks to the delivery
- Provide project leadership including full accountability for the project P&L
- Create customer quotations based on technical design inputs and obtain customer approval on completion of the approved work.
- Ensure that Trilliant business objectives for customer delivery and growth are understood and included in all aspects of the planning and execution processes.
- Develop relationships with the clients and other delivery partners that allow Trilliant to be viewed as a valuable partner and broaden Trilliant’s commercial engagement and opportunities through collaboration with clients and colleagues
- Ensure that all project information, documentation, and artifacts are accurate, complete and maintained on a regular basis.
- Ensure that timely and accurate reporting is provided on with clear escalation and action assigned to items that are at risk or late, including management of critical path items and any internal or external dependencies.
- Ensure that all project documentation (specifications, project artefacts, working agreements) are stored in the Company’s document management system in an ordered and identifiable manner.
- Maintain accurate records in customer and internal meetings of agreed approaches, decisions, assumptions, and actions
- Participate and support other business initiatives as required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the Energy, Utility, or Utility Services Industry
- Knowledge of utility and municipal back office systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel to client meeting and operational sites
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- Related work experience will also be considered
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, and able to motivate team to achieve operational goals
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning for self and team
- Able to work on concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment while effectively organizing; prioritizing and coordinating work assignments for self and team