Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is seeking a Proposal Manager based in India to primarily support the Indian and APAC region with occasional global assignments.. The focus of the Proposal Manager is management and preparation of all assigned proposals from concept through final submission to the customer.
The Proposal Manager is responsible for leading, facilitating, and executing the Bid Process.. The individual will create consistently professional work and must demonstrate a proven ability to foster synergy across a diverse team of senior executives, sales professionals, and subject matter experts. Building and maintaining strong relationships across multiple functions supporting proposal development including Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Solutions and Engineering is an important element of proposal development. The Proposal Manager is responsible for helping to maintain current and consistent proposal responses that accurately represent Trilliant solutions.
The Proposal Manager will analyze the RFP/RFI requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customers issues and needs. Establish timelines and assign tasks for the timely completion of bids. Schedule and lead kick-off and bid status calls. Liaison with other departments (e. g., Solutions, Product Management, Services, Legal, and Engineering) to obtain information and create content for use in RFP responses. Track win/loss and conduct Proposal Postmortem to analyze wins and losses to improve future proposals.
Participation in proposal development team planning and execution, review request for proposal (RFP) requirements, conducting analysis on RFP, and assessing strategy for responding to requirements. Additional requirements include performing all tasks related to the Trilliant Win Plan; leading proposal teams, preparing support artifacts, managing content library, and managing proposal development activities. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for assessing and ensuring compelling, complete, and compliant proposal responses reflect win strategy elements and align to evaluation factors. Projects range in value from small projects for less than $1M to large deals in the range of $100-500M.
- Lead and manage the overall proposal development process from Pre-Proposal Phase through Post Proposal Phase.
- Oversee/produce schedules, dashboards, outlines, compliance matrices, proposal kickoffs, and technical solution sessions
- Assist in the development of business documents such as commercial agreements, pricing spreadsheets, revenue, and cash flow projections.
- Proactively drives target costing for every proposal to sub suppliers (internal and external).
- Oversees the validation of terms and conditions (commercial, technical, legal, pricing) in each offer and compare with customer’s T&Cs.
- Ensure win strategy, technical solution, win themes, discriminators, compliance, and clear understanding of the requirement are well-articulated and consistent throughout final proposal documents
- Facilitate proposal reviews (e.g., Bid Kick-off, Initial Draft, Red Team) and make recommendations for content improvement and compliance
- Oversee development of high quality, high impact artwork and graphics for proposals
- Collaborate with executives, management teams, functional units, sales personnel, partners, and subject matter experts to provide proposal leadership, support, and overall direction
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with proposal and business unit leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve a successful proposal submission
- Manage multiple proposal tasks with sometimes rapid turnaround deadlines
- Develop pricing models and work closely with Sales and executive team to develop pricing strategy
- Record all negotiation results from suppliers and customers and, upon receipt of order, participate in project management hand-over meetings to ensure that all technical and commercial objectives are understood by the project management or order handling personnel.
- Support other commercial operations activities (e.g., content databases, SharePoint library management, Pipeliner CRM maintenance) as needed
Basic Qualifications: Required Education, Skills, and Experience: -
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 7 years related proposal management, support, and/or writing experience
- Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, high scoring proposals
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to assign and track information requests made to numerous subject matter experts.
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (extra hours at times)
- Ability to develop and/or assist technical and capture personnel in developing compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage geographically disparate teams
- Ability to create original content using interview and research techniques
- Ability to develop financial models to support bid pricing analysis, execute strategy, and manage approval process.Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote) and SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing covering all typical solicitation sections (e.g., Management, Technical, Staffing)
- Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a dynamic environment operating with high pressure deadlines.
- Experience with RFP and content management tool to manage proposal content and create high quality RFP responses and proposal documents.
- Experience supporting a wide variety of solicitation size, complexity, and submission window
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in Proposal Management
- smart grid/smart city/IIOT proposal management experience for communications, software, and services procurements
- Formal proposal training and/or certifications (e.g., APMP)