Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The RF Network Engineer’s primary responsibility is the design, deployment, and optimization of RF Communication Networks. Working within a project team, the RF Network engineer will coordinate and execute design and deployment activities including RF Network Design, In Field Site Survey & RF Testing, device installation and deployment, Network and device configurations, Network Optimization, and field troubleshooting and maintenance of the network equipment. The RF Network Engineer will with other members of the project team to test complete system and end to end connectivity.
- Create RF network design to determine network device locations by conducting propagation studies and point to point link studies and other RF analysis with RF simulation software
- Determine proper configuration of the network devices for end to end connectivity ie: IP addressing, DHCP settings, VLAN & VPN configurations, etc.
- Perform site surveys and validate the RF performance of proposed network hardware network locations in the field prior to RF Network Deployment
- Work with regional utility crews to determine feasibility of designed location in terms of site suitability, power availability, mounting heights, cabling requirements, etc
- Provide on site and remote support and training for network equipment installations
- Monitor RF Network and perform statistical and spatial data analysis using GIS and RF simulation software to identify KPIs and performance trends, and propose improvement or mitigation strategies as appropriate
- Perform testing connectivity to the head end system and troubleshooting the core backhaul network and IT infrastructure
- Work with customer and advise of proper backhaul configurations
- Work with project team to address and solve system and/or networking issues
- Efficiently summarize and present data in periodic reports, presentations or performance dashboards
- Provide remote and on site technical support and troubleshooting for various Trilliant wireless mesh and p2p/p2mp solutions
- Create and maintain documentation summarizing RF Network designs, Network Performance, and other process related documents
- You may be required to perform on-call duties, when assigned, to support network maintenance or other efforts across multiple time zones (depending on the project) during off-hours, which could include nights, weekends and holidays
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in related field (Communications, Networking, Electronics)
- Minimum 3-5 years in RF Networking, IT Networking, or a related field
- Experience with and solid understanding of IPv4/v6 networking
- Cisco certifications or Network certifications (CCENT/CCNA/ CompTIA Network+) is an asset
- Experience in architecture and deployment of Mesh Networks or other RF Networks such as Cellular, Point-to-Point, or Point-to-Multipoint Systems
- Specific Experience in deploying ISP and LPWAN Networks is an advantage
- Solid understanding of core Information Technology principles, basic electronics and antenna theory
- General Computer skills is required (Windows, Linux, MS office, Command Line Interfaces, MapInfo or Similar GIS Software).
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills in English
- Spanish language skills are an asset