Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business. concepts to non-technical audiences.
The Senior System Administrator is primarily responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, and administration of public and private clouds; implement security patching and best practices to VMware vSphere, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure environments, and various server platforms (Windows/RHEL/Centos).
- Demonstrated proficiency in public and private cloud administration; implement security patching and best practice configuration to VMware vSphere, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure and Google cloud environments.
- Experience building high-available, fault-tolerant, multi-tenant, and cost-efficient infrastructure architectures to support enterprise software solutions.
- Experience with vSphere, vCenter & ESX, including day to day management, VM administration, security, upgrading, patching, deploying templates, vMotion, replication, HA, DRS, EVC, vSwitches, virtual storage, etc.
- Architecture owner and capacity planning for Trilliant’s on-prem compute and storage farms consisting of: Dell PowerEdge, Dell VRTX, Tintri, Compellent, EqualLogic, and network area storage (NAS).
- Experience utilizing AWS Security solutions such as (AWS Config, SCP, IAM, VPC, KMS, Network Firewall etc.) to implement comprehensive and cohesive security frameworks.
- Experience deploying, securing, and migrating virtual workloads between on-prem, cloud, and cloud-to-cloud infrastructure with various migration and replication tools.
- Solid foundation in endpoint security; Sophos suite with intercept X and full suite of MS Azure and Defender Cloud and Endpoint protection tools including Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) and Windows Defender Exploit Guard (EG)
- Cloud and on-prem data and system recovery architecture methodologies and their implementation whether via third-party tools (Veeam) or native tools (VMware, HA, DRS)
- Experience with Amazon CloudWatch, WhatsUpGold, SolarWinds, Nagios, Veeam ONE, Splunk or other SEIM for the implementation and management of advanced performance monitoring, event correlation, and capacity planning.
- Scripting & Automation experience: Ansible, PowerShell, Bash, Python, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience deploying Identity and Access Management systems to secure access to public and hybrid cloud environments (experience with SSO, SAML, MFA, Red Hat Identity Manager, and Active Directory).
- Solid understanding of networking, TCP/IP protocols and security fundamentals (VLANs, ACLs, VPN, routing, DNS etc.)
- Understanding of container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Azure AD, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams administration
- Manage IT infrastructure, application, and security planning, advises other departments on hardware and software alternatives; recommends standards for selection.
- Maintains onsite inventory and maintenance contracts for equipment and parts.
- Manage corporate-wide complex information technology projects.
- Available on-call for support and problem resolution
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Other duties as required to meet divisional objectives.
TECHNICAL & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP or VCAP) with 5+ years private cloud administration in a high availability environment
- Linux (RedHat, CentOS) administration experience required
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) certificate or equivalent strongly experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Server, Hyper-V and Active Directory administration and PowerShell scripting
- Azure infrastructure administration experience desired
- Microsoft 365 and Azure AD administration experience, Intune / MDM experience desired
- Atlassian Confluence or Jira experience desired
- Industry certifications such as: VCP, VCAP, RHCSA, AWS, MCSE, MSCA, MCP, CCNA desired