Trilliant offers a universal communications platform that is at the convergence of smart grid, smart city, and global Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. We bring together multi-technology solutions, global capabilities, and mission-critical communications to deliver future proof solutions.
We are a device agnostic, integrated, multi-technology communication platform that provides flexibility to balance technological capabilities with economic needs. At Trilliant, we are committed to best-in-class solutions that empower our customers and their customers to connect the world of things.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering comprehensive benefits and compensation packages with a selection of insurance programs. We have dynamic and collaborative work environments with some of the brightest employees in the world. We invest in people and provide opportunities for our employees to grow hand in hand with our business.
This position requires experience in communications-related firmware development plus background in vxWorks, embedded Linux, or other RTOS. There is hands on work with embedded controller boards and a working knowledge of processors like ARM, PowerPC, MIPS is required.
- Developing firmware for new products as well as supporting existing products.
- Developing new interfaces for all products as required in response to customer requests.
- Documenting the interface protocols between new and existing products and systems.
- Sustaining engineering efforts for legacy products.
- Supporting automated test development for manufacturing as required.
- Acting as a technical resource for both internal and external customers.
- Interfacing with the product management and sales team as required.
- Create, upgrade, and maintain automation scripts.
- Create manual test procedures for new features and automate them when practical.
- Define testing procedures, run scripts and analyze results.
- Enhance and maintain test environment used for development of firmware tests.
- Perform device configuration, system configuration, firmware upgrades and device setup for solutions- based delivery.
- Perform performance and transaction timing measurement tests.
- Perform load balance tests across network system, hardware, firmware, and software.
- Perform stress testing (network, devices, head end system) and keep adding load to identify system limits. Investigate problem root causes i.e. network, device, database, software, and/or firmware.
- Develop test plans and work on test case development of/for new features.
- Review functional requirements and related test coverage.
- Review feature/functionality and test coverage.
- Compile test evidence and develop appropriate documentation.
- Execute firmware test plans, collect data in lab testing, and publish results to the wider team.
- Develop automation to test and characterize network, node and firmware products before release.
- Ensure device interoperability across different firmware and product versions.
- Five years’ experience in firmware development and/or testing.
- Proven ability to program in C, C++, and assembler for embedded environments.
- Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and/or JTAG debugging tools.
- Understanding of 802.11a/g/n, Zigbee, and cellular radio communications principles.
- Solid knowledge of networking and internetworking concepts and technologies i.e. Ethernet, OSI layers, TCP/IP, packet inspection and analysis, and application protocols.
- Highly self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, with an attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to understand schematics and debug at the PCB level.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in platform porting and BSP development.
- Experience in driver-level wireless protocol development.
- Working knowledge and/or familiarity with Atheros 802.11a/g/n drivers.
- Soldering and prototyping experience.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.