Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is looking for a experienced MySQL (and its variants, such as Percona and MariaDB) database administrator to join the customer support team. This position is targeted toward customer production support, preventative interactions, operational recovery and escalation resolution. Implementations will include hosted, enterprise and appliance models
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programs and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Recommends solutions by analyzing database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery speciation’s.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products. Prepares users by conducting training; providing information; resolving problems.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests. Supports database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement
- Make performance optimization recommendations to customers
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
- Design backup processes for server and associated data working with Percona XtraBackup
- Recovers corrupted databases utilizing diverse approaches
- Create accounts for all users and assign security levels
- Contacting database vendors for technical support
- Generating various reports by querying from database as per need
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Database Performance Tuning, Database Security, Promoting Process Improvement, Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Quality Focus, Database Management, Data Maintenance, Data Recovery, Database DR, Operating Systems, Attention to Detail, Information Security Policies
- Experience with MySQL’s underlying storage engines
- Experience of the de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Experience of the limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
- Knowledge of Percona Toolkits
- EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related
- 5 years professional experience or internship
- Production Experience in MySQL (Required), Percona MySQL or MariaDB. Experience with Oracle Database 12c Release 2 is a plus
- Fluency with disaster recovery and database backup procedures
- Familiarity with reporting tools
- Analytics, data warehousing, nosql database experience are assets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability to identify, propose and implement solutions
- Ability to work concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment while effectively organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating work assignments
- Must be able to work autonomously or as part of a local/remote team