Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Senior Support Engineer Analyst (SSEA) for FAN Networks is responsible for direct (L3) interaction with Trilliant’s Customers, Channel partners, Internal L1/L2 PSE’s and development Engineering in support of new and existing products in our growing network of utility, IIOT and wireless networking products.
Works closely with engineering organizations to help understand, isolate and resolve problems. SSEA’s will investigate the most difficult customer reported problems to develop solutions and resolve production incidents and problems. Escalates un-resolvable problems to the appropriate Engineering team for further investigation and resolution including code changes. The SSEA for FAN Networks has a global operational perspective with expert level product knowledge in Network Element Management Software (NEMS), WAN (Field based high power Wide Area Network), NAN (Field based Neighborhood Area Networks), Cellular radio communications and the all elements of backhaul routing, allowing interface to utility enterprise control and management systems.
- Provide solution support across customer production sites that are in compliance with support agreements (SLA’s) including hardware, software and firmware
- Act as a liaison to local program management teams for customer issues
- Works with internal engineering teams to resolve customer issues that have not been solved through problem replication or known solutions.
- Verifies issues, document steps to reproduce, validates solutions and typically applies the patch/upgrade or change to the production environment and works closely with customers engineering teams to resolve RF interference issues
- Reviews network design for irregularities or areas for improvement
- Monitor and track network hardware and device failures and other irregularities as reported by the customer through the issue tracking system
- Track all Trilliant products for failure trends and provide feedback to engineering for product enhancements or amendments
- Manage and progress all issues recorded in Trilliants issue management system.
- Maintains customer support labs and network environments used to replicate and troubleshoot customer issues
- Creates BKM’s, Knowledge Base articles, Trouble Shooting documents and Process Flow diagrams
- Daily review and update of the issue management system
- Other duties as assigned
- Deep Knowledge of wired networks, field based commercial wireless networks (high and low power) and data networks (Collectors, Access Points, Modems, Switches, Routers and Firewalls) with Telecommunications background.
- Experience with IEEE 802.11x, 802.15x, OSI Layers, Broadband, WiMax and Mesh Networks
- Expert in the use of analytical tools, techniques and best practices used in the wireless networking and server maintenance areas
- Knowledge with Utilities (FAN/NAN/WAN) networks and desired experience of Advanced Electrical Metering (Smart Meters) (ANSI C12.X / DLMS) and IIOT
- Experience with Operating Systems such as Unix/Linux/CentOS at the command line
- Experience with SQL queries against databases such as Oracle, MySQL or MSSQL with manipulation of CSV files
- Knowledge of virtual machines environments (VMWare) and Experience with Systems and Network administration
- Experience with protocols such as SSH, Telnet, FTP, TCP/IP, DHCP, NTP and Remote connection software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, co-workers, staff at all levels, customers and outside contacts of diverse backgrounds while representing Trilliant
- Ability to travel to customer locations to debug wireless networks
- 5 to 8 years of direct technical support of commercial networks
- Experience in leading technical teams desired
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- College degree in technical sciences, physics, computer networking, computer science or related fields
- Related work and or military experience also considered
- Industry Certifications in related IT disciplines highly desired (RHCSA, CCNA, MCSE, MCP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Ability to identify, propose and implement solutions
- Ability to work concurrent tasks in a fast paced environment while effectively organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating work assignments
- Must be able to work autonomously or as part of a local/remote team