Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is seeking a Technical Writer to help expand Trilliant’s hardware and software documentation offerings. This person will work under supervision to increase the accuracy of current documentation, learn to use current products, and assist in developing and implementing documentation organization and availability.
Three writing samples are REQUIRED. These samples can be from coursework and can cover any topic, so long as you consider the writing quality to be an accurate representation of your writing skills.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write easy-to-understand user documentation.
- Help maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Work with hardware team to create professional imagery for use in marketing and documentation.
- Work with the documentation team to improve quality, organization, and usability of output.
- Bachelor’s degree is REQUIRED. Degree must be in hand by employment start.
- Five or more years’ experience in technical writing (software and hardware). Minimum three writing samples required. Preference for samples with hardware and/or software focus.
- Must be comfortable with and interested in technology! Be prepared to talk about and demonstrate your experiences using software and/or hardware to accomplish specific tasks.
- Must be able to collect information by running an application or assembling hardware and create step-by-step instructions to complete discrete tasks. You must be able to work comfortably with the following applications:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Image manipulation software, such as SnagIt
- Microsoft Word (including template creation and styles maintenance)
- Adobe FrameMaker
- MadCap Flare
- Remote Desktop, WinSCP, putty, etc.