Position Title: Test Manager
Job Location: Cary (Raleigh-Durham), NC
Job Type: Full-time
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
- Responsible for leading a high-performance feature driven Quality Engineering team with a proven track record of success building, leading and managing a functional and technical team with a strong sese of quality ownership.
- This is a hands-on role that requires strategic thinking and planning to provide leadership and expertise throughout the entire QE lifecycle, ensuring the success of the team’s manual and automation efforts to deliver positive outcomes to customers.
- Collaboratively work with a cross-functional team of demanding, highly motivated QE engineers and developers where the expectations are to both challenge and be challenged.
- Develop expertise in the product and solution offerings, and use that expertise to advocate on behalf of the customers.
- Develop, improve and mature the team’s tools, processes, standards, best practices and skill base.
- Ensure that test planning, execution and reporting is effective, efficient, standardized, coordinated and integrated.
- Create and foster an environment conducive to innovation, high productivity and high quality.
- Grow the team by recruiting world-class technical talent and leadership.
- Manage objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, risk and performance management of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or foreign equivalent
- 4 years related professional experience
- Proven track record of success building, leading and managing a functional and technical team
- Initiative and the ability to remain flexible and responsive in a very agile and dynamic environment
- Superior leadership skills
- Solid background using object-oriented methodologies
- Expertise in white/black box testing methodologies
- Extensive experience and knowledge of standard quality and development tools and the agility to operate within short release cycles
- Strong experience driving tactical and strategic objectives in an assertive, fast-growing, and mission-critical Quality Engineering organization
- Strong track record for delivering integrated solutions with high quality and on time and within budget
- Experience managing complex projects either with virtual team members from multiple organizations and/or geographically dispersed teams
- Applied expertise and experience is required in Quality Engineering methodologies, practices (black box, white box and automated testing experience) and tools covering functional and non-functional features of technology solutions
- Strong technical skills including one or more of the following: programming, database and OS, test automation, performance and security testing
- Quality Engineering experience in hosted/SaaS/Clout Computing environment and experience in delivering engineering applications using agile (Scrum or Kanban) and/or traditional linear methodology
- Hands-on experience with J2EE technologies, wireless technologies (mesh, cellular and network management, Server Cluster setup and load balance configuration); and Server configuration, HES installations and support tool setups: Tomcat, Apache and Java and familiarity with open-source automation frameworks
- Ability to be agile, proactive and adept in responding to rapid changes in product direction and customer expectations
- Experience building, training, mentoring and retaining a quality engineering team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as receptive listening skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results