Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business. concepts to non-technical audiences.
Our Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a QE-Test specialist. The role requires a dynamic agile engineering mindset, patience and persistence to solve complex problems, ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully, and strong engineering skills.
The testing function within QE works closely with product development and provides verification and validation on Trilliant products, solutions and services to ensure a high-quality customer experience, to protect and grow the Trilliant brand and to reduce the cost of support. In contrast to traditional QA organizations, our QE-testing function operates as an engineering discipline within the overall engineering organization with the charter to design, develop and execute tests with a continuous focus on automation. Manual testing is highly selective, used in support of one of the following; new UI functionality that is not stable for automation, deprecated legacy code not worth automating, or exploratory testing to determine opportunities for automation.
While the QE-testing function supports developers as they write unit tests, the primary focus for QE-testing is on test validation and customer delivery readiness across software, firmware and hardware, covering functional and non-functional characteristics of products and solutions. The scope for QE- includes Functional, Contract/SLA, Performance, Security and tests that reflect E2E customer usage and deliver differentiated customer experience.
What you’ll get to do:
- Apply agile engineering best practices to analyze customer usage scenarios, focus on test design and support the quality engineering group's commitment to driving continuous quality
- Develop tests and support development of products and solutions using automation, test-driven development, continuous integration and other comparable practices to iterative development and incremental delivery
- In an Agile and DevOps environment, you move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you
- Build your tests day-to-day like a start-up - collaboratively, incrementally, and iteratively.
- Collaborate in a deeply cross functional way with developers, designers, product manager and support engineers. Roll up your sleeves and put your heads together to brainstorm requirements for feature tests, end-to-end tests and solution through thorny issues.
- Release to pre-production (and potentially even production) early and often - you won’t be working on a product for a year before it sees the light of day; we believe in incrementally validated marketable (deployable) increments
- Get to know your customers' usage scenarios for products and solutions and support the process of providing assurance to the product manager and system integration teams
- Test and learn - You are empowered to identify problems and improvement opportunities, formulate hypotheses, and experiment with solutions
- Work with a talented, passionate, mission-driven and energized team who values your input and your individuality.
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in designing, executing, and improving product and solution focused automated tests in a continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) tooling and automation infrastructure
- End to end solution testing in a lab environment (both device and software)
- Knowledge/experience testing DLMS meters.
- Ability to deploy an application on virtual machines. Execution and validation of deployment runbooks/scripts .
- Backend testing (database and server-side)
- Experience in web services automation using Java, REST API tool, XML/HTTPS
- Strong experience with Junit, with JAXB, ActiveMQ, Hibernate, Maven, and SQL.
- Experience with wireless technologies (mesh, cellular, and network management) is desired.
- Experience in testing non-functional characteristics covering security, usability, load, performance and availability
- Experience using Zephyr, Jira, Confluence, Crucible, Concordion, BDD/ Cucumber or other comparable tools
- Ability to learn quickly and balance multiple testing activities across product lines
- Energy and passion to learn about emerging technologies and find opportunities to apply them on the job
- Experience in a multi-platform environment, including cloud technology
- Experience with software engineering, development, and infrastructure automation
- Ability to identify issues, support and provide real time solutions for them
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve complex issues both collaboratively and independently.
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards, technologies, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience with applying Lean principles, Agile practices and working in a DevOps environment.
- Strong communication skills accompanied by effective influencing and collaboration skills.
- Background and experience in networks, telecommunication, or device integration (hardware-firmware-software) is highly desired but not required.