Network Test Engineer
Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Our Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a QE Test Specialist – WAN and Smart city solutions in the Operations organization. The role requires a dynamic agile engineering mindset, patience, and persistence to solve complex problems, ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully, and strong engineering skills.
This position requires strong expertise in firmware validation and integrated solution verification. Requires deep understanding of communication systems, network switching and routing protocols, hardware, firmware, network management software and Linux operating system. This position also requires collaboration with hardware, firmware and software teams and partners to test, validate, and support new and existing hardware, firmware, software, and integrated solutions.
Who we are looking for:
• 6 or more years of experience in a comparable or similar role.
• CCNA level expertise in networking.
• Experience with wireless networks, such as 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax.
• Strong networking background. Experience with, and solid understanding of IPv4/v6 networks, and protocols such as SSH, Telnet, FTP, TCP/IP, DHCP, NTP, SNMP.
• Strong Linux OS background with advanced knowledge in Virtual Machine configuration.
• Ability to use network analysis tools like Wireshark to capture and analyze network management traffic.
• Experience in testing firmware of any type of communication modules or any other data communication products.
• Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL.
• REST-based API experience a plus.
• Network performance testing experience a plus.
• Self-Starter with excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with peers and teams spread across multiple geographic regions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently on multiple tasks with organizing, prioritizing assignments.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.