SecureMesh® Wide Area Network (WAN)
Our SecureMesh WAN is a broadband mesh network built specifically for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) that provides reliability, bandwidth and low latency necessary for advanced applications such as street lights, video surveillance, AMI, and smart city deployments.
SecureMesh WAN is based on standard 802.11 chipset that provides high-bandwidth wireless IIoT technology featuring adaptive mesh technology. The street lights and other smart city end points can securely connect to the WAN Gateways, extender bridge and extenders. We chose a standard 5.8 GHz radio as the core to ensure you have both the protection of a standards-based solution with the operational benefits of a high-data rate and low latency solution.
Features & Benefits
- High Reliability and Smart Redundancy
- Features integrated dynamic routing and near-immediate failover for uninterrupted communications.
- Industry-Leading Latency and Bandwidth
- Less than 10 milliseconds of latency to support the most demanding IIoT applications, up to 270 Mbps data rate to support more capacity than mesh networks traditionally used for AMI networks.
- Integrated, End-to-End Security
- End-to-end safeguards across multiple IP layers to ensure that the network remains private and secure.
- Compliant with the latest industry security standards. Supports tunneling and encryption to enable safe and controlled access of the network.
- Standard compliant application domain partitioning is available to ensure that access to or a breach of one application does not affect other applications or devices.
- Low-Cost Territory Coverage
- Supports up to 10 mesh hops, allowing utilities to cover up to 10,000 square miles of territory with a single network takeout point.
- Expanded Interoperability
- Built on an open, interoperable IP platform, supporting both legacy IPv4 and future IPv6+ protocols.
- Compatible with a wide variety of legacy and new IIoT devices.