Product Support Analyst – Application SW
Location Concord (Ontario)
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Product Support Analyst is responsible as part of the regional support team to handle, investigate and resolve customer enquiries and technical issues at the L1/L2 level in a timely and professional manner through a structured and agreed methodology and in accordance with contractual service level agreements. Establishing and maintaining an effective and proactive approach to Service Management with the customer.
- Initial review/clarification of the details of each issue when it is reported.
- Soliciting further information from the customer, where necessary, to refine Trilliant’s understanding of the issue.
- Undertaking technical analysis of each issue.
- Using specialist product knowledge to provide advice on further diagnostic procedures that the customer should undertake.
- Communicating with the customer in a clear, courteous, and professional manner.
- Recording all customer communication for each issue in the issue log.
- Advising the customer on immediate remedial actions that can be undertaken to re-establish “business as usual” service.
- When escalating issues, ensuring that all supporting evidence has been received and is available to the escalation engineer.
- Keeping track of open issues; both escalated and waiting on customer.
- Responding to issues within SLA targets.
- Alerting the Manager if an issue is likely to breach SLA targets.
- Assisting the Manager in gathering metrics for management and customer reporting.
- Maintaining product knowledge and keep abreast of the content of forthcoming patches and releases.
- Ensuring that Trilliant are a valued and proactive business partner to our customers
- Collaborating with the Trilliant team and customer for ideas and process changes to improve the overall customer experience
Education & Certification
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Computer and Information Technology, Software Engineering, Electrical engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of work experience as a Systems Analyst, Support Analyst, Product Support Analyst, Customer Support Engineer or similar.
- University degree in specified discipline.
- Prior experience supporting applications on Linux (should be familiar with basic Linux commands, shell scripting, services, and utilities), OS installation is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Oracle and MySQL relational database architecture.
- Strong web application experience including installation, configuration and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of Apache web server, Tomcat, SQL, Perl, shell scripting, and Java in a Linux OS environment.
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL), PL/SQL Block in Oracle/MySQL.
- Understanding fundamentals of network architecture and TCP/IP communication.
- Knowledgeable in software development lifecycle, software QA processes, IT change management and issue and problem management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization with customers, solution partners and outside consultants.
- Proven strong analytic and problem-solving skills including use of tools, techniques, and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required (Sample requested).
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel (data analysis), Word, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Utilities industry experience and understanding of Smart Grid / AMI / IIOT nice to have.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently towards long term goals, undertaking personal initiatives to learn and advance one’s own understanding of Trilliant’s hardware and software products
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning regarding the installation, configuration and operation of the hardware and software components that make up an AMI network.
- Have the discipline to capture and record lessons learned from troubleshooting and support experiences for knowledge transfer to other staff and the development of knowledgebase material and documentation
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency when responding to issues according to defined service level agreements.
- Ability to multi-task on various projects with tight deadlines and to establish mutual agreed upon priorities
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.