Technical Program Manager (RMA)
Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham)
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Trilliant is currently hiring an RMA Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the Supply Chain & Manufacturing Engineering team. In this role reporting to SC Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to Manage the entire RMA process including but not limited to planning, scheduling, coordinating, tracking, and expediting materials issues to closure. Ensure a smooth flow of RMA materials to meet customer schedules and to ensure product delivery commitment is met. This position requires the collaboration among cross-functional teams within Trilliant as well as with vendors, customers, and strategic business partners. The RMA TPM will provide cross-functional leadership and collaboration with R&D, Finances teams, Project Managers and Directors to establish and maintain and improve customer’s experience with the RMA process.
- Manage P&L of this functional department.
- Manage internal and external request of RMA; establish priorities.
- Manage RMA team, provide sporadic support to the RMA specialist whenever required.
- Reviewing and challenging (when applicable) warranty claims.
- Collaborate with the SC Test Eng Team to define RMA testing process, set up and establish requirements.
- Provide required information to the Finance team so to establish yearly financial warranty reserves. Working to meet Fiscal Year Departmental Goals.
- Define and implement RMA policies and procedures to establish role as 2nd line support to customers and project management teams. Proactively makes recommendations and changes that could improve efficiencies of RMA operations.
- Establish RMA processes (cost, TAT, logistics) with various contract manufacturers and OEMs to support entire Trilliant product line.
- Manages customer escalations on the highest priority and works with internal teams for solutions.
- Define and implement ARU (Advanced replacement units) processes whenever it makes sense/required by specific customer/projects.
- Whenever required, participate in customer’s meeting to review RMA activities.
- Participating in the resolution of customer concerns about RMA process and product issues.
- Responsible for inventory management and cost tracking for RMA function.
- Responsible to maintain logistics process (calibration/sealing of meters after repairs are completed shipping products back to customer).
- Establish and maintain communication flow between engineering teams and RMA function.
- Organize and maintain problem tracking database.
- Publicize findings and work in conjunction with R&D teams to identify corrective actions, engineering change request.
- Participating in ISO audits. Actively participate to create review and update department ISO documents, processes, and work instructions to ensure compliance level are met.
- Drive permanent resolution of manufacturing issues and customer issues caused by supplier or design defects found on RMA units.
- Define and maintain RMA database (product history, customer, warranty, contractual obligations).
- Work with product management and sales teams to establish costing models.
- Participate in audits at client, OEM and subcontracting firm locations to identify areas of improvement specific to the RMA Process.
- Establish and publicize RMA metrics; Prepare and review RMA reports regarding department’s performance and productivity to ensure the quality of warranty service support and meeting department’s KPI.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with subcontracting firms and OEMs.
- Manage RMA projects from inception through completion involving both inside and outside resources.
- Work with IT department to define and implement RMA function/module in SCM/SAP.
- Work with R&D and product management to determine RMA requirements (inventory, backward compatibility, etc.) and path for end-of-life products.
- Provides leadership and/or participation in: Return Material Authorization (RMA) reporting, customer Quality Meetings (QM) and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience with the printed circuit board assembly processes.
- Outstanding customer service skills: strong customer service orientation, ethics, and ability to be empathetic and accept ownership.
- Excellent communication skills in English– both written and oral; French/Spanish fluent is an asset.
- Ability to work in a start-up environment where teamwork is critical.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and related processes with firmware and software intensive electronics products.
- Proven ability to forge positive and lasting relationships with business partners, including external utility clients and distribution channels.
- Proficient with MS Office applications with a strong emphasis on DB management, VISIO, EXCEL.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven ability to manage a geographically dispersed supplier network.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- PMP certification is an asset.
- Familiar with IPC Standards
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.