Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing business needs and requirements.
- Identifies project resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and maintains its scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by project team before/during meetings.
- Effectively applies PMP and Agile methodologies and enforces project standards.
- Minimizes exposure and risk on projects through consistent identification/management.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Interfaces with multiple organizations/levels from first line technical resources through to executive level.
- Provides project accounting and status reports as required.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis as required.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project as required.
- Employs JIRA and Confluence software to manage all projects.
- Employs and enforces PMP tools and Trilliant management/delivery processes as required.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, ROI, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands pricing models and billing procedures and applies both in decision making.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization as required.
- Ensures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project (s).
- Effectively conveys priorities in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Facilitates project team and client/partner meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and externally project impacting.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to senior management.
- Delivers engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations that drive outcomes.
- Resolves and/or escalates risks/issues in a timely fashion.
- Communicates difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Demonstrates technical understanding of project requirements/content.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of company capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and potential application on engagements.
Education and Certification
- BS or BA degree required.
- Minimum two years ‘hands on’ project management experience.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Agile methodology background preferred.
- Experience with hardware, firmware and/or software development preferred.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence software preferred.
- Spanish language proficiency a positive.
- Challenges project team members/peers to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Manages the development of the project team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are aligned with each team member’s career interests.
- Inspires project team members/peers to attain individual/project goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes/implements constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each project team member’s contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each project team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Motivates project team members to work together in the most efficient and effective manners.
- Tracks lessons learned, shares those lessons with project team members and implements constructive changes.
- Mitigates project team conflict and communication problems.
- Maintains active project status in PM tools and supplies briefings up to executive level.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/task forces as required.
- Approves team members’ time and expense reports in a conscientious and timely manner as required.
- Reviews the status reports of project team members and addresses issues as required.
- Complies with and helps to enforce corporate standard policies and procedures.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.