Quality Engineering: Test Analyst – WAN and Smart City Solutions
Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Our Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a QE-Test Analyst for the WAN and Smart City Solutions team in our Product Development organization. This position requires networking expertise and collaborating with decentralized teams to test, validate, and support new and existing hardware, firmware, and software solutions. The role requires a dynamic agile engineering mindset, patience and persistence to solve complex problems, ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully, and strong engineering skills.
Summary of responsibilities:
-Participate in all stages of the product development cycle: concept, requirements, design, integration, test, and deployment
-Responsible for reviewing requirements, developing test plans, writing test procedures, performing test execution, and documenting test results
-Participate in development, use, and maintenance, of test automation systems
The testing function within QE works closely with product development and provides verification and validation on Trilliant products, solutions and services to ensure a high-quality customer experience, to protect and grow the Trilliant brand and to reduce the cost of support. In contrast to traditional QA organizations, our QE-Testing function operates as an engineering discipline within the overall engineering and networks organization with the charter to design, develop and execute tests with a continuous focus on automation.
While the QE-Testing function supports developers as they write unit tests, the primary focus for QE-Testing is on test validation and customer delivery readiness across software, firmware and hardware, covering functional and non-functional characteristics of products and solutions. The scope for QE-Testing is E2E customer scenarios and includes Functional, Contract/SLA, Performance and Security leading to providing assurance on readiness for customer use.
- Apply agile engineering best practices to analyze customer usage scenarios, focus on test design and support the quality engineering group’s commitment to driving continuous quality.
- Develop tests and support development of products and solutions using automation, test-driven development, continuous integration and other comparable practices to support iterative development and incremental delivery.
- In an Agile and DevOps environment, you move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you.
- Build your tests day-to-day like a start-up – collaboratively, incrementally and iteratively – but with the security and resources of roadmaps, plans and tools.
- Collaborate in a deeply cross functional way with developers, architects, integration specialists and support Roll up your sleeves and put your heads together to brainstorm requirements for feature tests, end-to-end tests and ideate solutions for thorny issues.
- Release to pre-production (and potentially even production) early and often – we believe in working through validated marketable (deployable) increments.
- Get to know your customers’ usage scenarios for products and solutions and support the process of providing assurance to the product manager and system integration teams.
- Test and learn – You are empowered to identify problems and improvement opportunities, formulate hypotheses, and experiment with solutions.
- Work with a talented, passionate, mission-driven and energized team who values your input and your.
Education & Certification
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science/Technology, Software Engineering, related field, or equivalent
- Employment experience: 3 to 5 years
- At least 3 years of experience in quality engineering, systems engineering, design verification, or test, of wired networking, wireless networking, or IoT solutions
- Strong networking background; experience with, and solid understanding of, IPv4/v6 networks, communications protocols, and network management protocols (SNMP/DHCP/SFTP/SSH)
- Ability to use network analysis tools like Wireshark to capture and analyze network management traffic
- Background and experience in networks, telecommunication or device integration (hardware- firmware-software) is highly desired but not required
- Experience with wireless technologies (mesh, cellular, and network management) is desired
- Experience with RF networking equipment, such as 11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 802.15.4/4g, RPMA, or similar technologies
- Exposure to relational databases such as MySQL
- Engineering background required with degree in Telecommunications, Network Management, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- REST-based API experience a plus
- Scripting or programming experience a plus
- Experience in testing non-functional characteristics covering security, usability, load, performance and availability
- Experience using Zephyr, Jira, Confluence, Crucible, Concordion, BDD/ Cucumber or other comparable tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards, technologies, methodologies and best practices
- Experience with applying Lean principles, Agile practices and working in a DevOps environment
- Self-starter with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with peers and teams spread across multiple geographic
- Energy and passion to learn about emerging technologies and find opportunities to apply them on the job
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve complex issues both collaboratively and independently
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.