Sales Operations Lead
Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The responsibilities of the IIoT Sales Operations Lead include ownership of the sales process: it’s implementation, compliance governance and execution in Pipeliner. In addition, the Sales Ops Function owns sales reporting and analysis of all aspects of the Sales operation including pipeline, performance metrics, trends, forecasting and opportunities at team, regional and global levels.
- Responsible for the maintenance and management of Pipeliner data, preparation and management of management and sales reports ensuring sales people comply with their responsibilities.
- Analysis – defining, tracking and reporting sales and pipeline performance metrics and trends.
- Forecasting – managing and maintaining IIoT sales forecasting process and tools.
- Reporting – creation, validation and distribution of all Global regional and individual Sales reports.
- Pipeline reviews – providing reports and data required to support regional and global pipeline reviews.
- Process – create and maintain documentation for core sales process.
- Tools – ongoing development of analysis and reporting tools in Pipeliner, Excel and other platforms.
- Contract Renewals – supporting the Account Manager to execute on the Renewals Process and maintain global tracking of renewals as required.
- Bid / Sales Support – Support the process, including Sales and Commercial Operations to ensure we deliver tender responses on time.
- Planning – provide specific analysis and input into the global business planning process.
Areas of Responsibility and Deliverables
- Sales Performance Analysis
- Sales performance – deﬁne, track and report actual performance against targets and metrics. Develop and deliver key performance metrics, dashboards and reports that enable the Sales leadership team to track, measure and drive performance improvement including sales force productivity and performance.
- Pipeline analysis – tracking pipeline creation, velocity and closure at individual Sales rep, team and regional levels.
- Forecast analysis – tracking and building insights into the predictability and consistency of our forecast across all regions.
- Opportunity analysis – tracking key deals against closure plans, providing trends and insight into where we are succeeding and needing to improve.
- Account analysis – track performance of individual accounts including partners against plan.
- Sales Forecasting
- Global and Regional forecast reports produced weekly and validated with each region ready for global Forecast Calls.
- Lead weekly Global Sales forecast calls.
- Creation of weekly global consolidated forecast roll-up for review with MD.
- Update Forecast Report and supporting ﬁles as required following meetings.
- Create and distribute minutes & actions for regional forecast calls.
- Work with all Sales reps, management and VPs globally to resolve forecast issues and to chase updates.
- Create and distribute weekly regional reporting packs including Forecast, Key Deals, Pipeline and Analysis.
- Prepare drafts for each region to support quarterly business reviews (QBRs).
- Track forecasting, RFx receipt & responses and win/loss reports amongst others in conjunction with Commercial Operations for purpose of enhancing the sales forecasting process.
- Create ad hoc Sales / Pipeliner reports as requested.
- Continually enhance reports and process to provide better management visibility of pipeline data and regional.
- Process & Tools
- Be an expert on core sales tools including Pipeliner, and Excel based tools shared with Finance
- Be an expert on core sales processes and underlying methodology and the ‘go to’ person for queries from sales people and management both for process and resolving issues.
- Create and maintain documentation for core sales process including
- Analysis, forecasting, key deals and pipeline management.
- Develop on and oﬀ-line analysis and reporting tools in Pipeliner, Excel and other platforms.
- Business Planning
- Provide speciﬁc analysis and input into the Global and Regional business planning processes including quarterly, half-year and annual business reviews.
- Provide similar information as required to support MD.
- Sales Execution and Proposal Support
- Support sales Lead in Bid Management process by providing interface and driving actions to completion along with Commercial Operations.
- Ensure follow-up, tracking and completion of Sales Supporting functions on items agreed from weekly action planning meetings.
Education & Certification
B.A., Business, Finance or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years in Sales or a similar role
- Sales forecast and Performance analysis
- Reporting and process management skills
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively utilize CRM tools to monitor performance and effectiveness of lead generation
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and balance team and individual workloads through effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in an office-based environment
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.