Senior Customer Support Analyst
Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Customer Support Analyst is responsible as part of the regional support team to handle, investigate and resolve customer enquiries and technical issues in a timely and professional manner through a structured and agreed methodology and in accordance with contractual service level agreements. Establishing and maintaining an effective and proactive approach to Service Management with the customer
The Customer Support Analyst is responsible for :
- Responding to issues within SLA targets.
- Handling Initial review/clarification of the details of each Incident when it is reported.
- Soliciting further information from the customer, where necessary, to refine Trilliant’s understanding of the issue.
- Undertaking technical analysis of each issue.
- Using specialist product knowledge to provide advice on further diagnostic procedures that the customer should undertake.
- Communicating with the customer in a clear, courteous and professional manner.
- Recording all customer communication for each issue in the issue log.
- Advising the customer on immediate remedial actions that can be undertaken to re-establish “business as usual” service.
- When escalating issues, ensuring that all supporting evidence has been received and is available to the escalation engineer.
- Alerting the UK Customer Service Manager if an issue is likely to breach SLA targets.
- Maintaining product knowledge and keep abreast of the content of forthcoming patches and releases.
- Collaborating with Trilliant team and customer for ideas and process changes to improve the overall customer experience
- College / University degree in specified discipline, Military or related training.
- 3-5 years of work experience as a Systems Analyst, Support Analyst, Customer Support Analyst or Customer Support Engineer
- Strong web application experience including installation, configuration and troubleshooting skills with knowledge of Spring and Hibernate
- Should have prior experience supporting applications on Linux (should be familiar with basic Linux commands, services and utilities), OS installation is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Oracle and SQL Server relational database architectures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Proficiency in
- Apache web server,
- Tomcat or WebLogic or WebSphere,
- Java/J2SE in a Linux OS environment
- Micro services & Docker/Kubernetes/Openshift
- Elastic Search
- Understanding fundamentals of network architecture and TCP/IP communication
- Knowledgeable of ITIL Service Delivery Framework including: Problem and Issue Management, Issue Classification and Prioritization and Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization with customers, solution partners and outside consultants
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills including use of tools, techniques and best practices
- Utilities industry experience and understanding of Smart Grid / AMI nice to have
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Computer and Information Technology, Software Engineering or related field.
- Industry certifications such as: MCP, MSSE, MSCA CCNP, CCNA desired
- Related work experience will also be considered
- Highly motivated and able to work independently towards long term goals, undertaking personal initiatives to learn and advance one’s own understanding of Trilliant’s hardware and software products
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning regarding the installation, configuration and operation of the hardware and software components that make up an AMI network.
- Have the discipline to capture and record lessons learned from troubleshooting and support experiences for knowledge transfer to other staff and the development of knowledgebase material and documentation
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency when responding to issues according to defined service level agreements.
- Ability to multi-task on various projects with tight deadlines and to establish mutual agreed upon priorities
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.