Software Solution Test Engineer
Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Our Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a Solution Test Engineer. The role requires a dynamic agile engineering mindset, patience, and persistence to solve complex problems, ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully, and strong engineering skills.
This position requires strong expertise in deploying software/databases on Linux environment, end to end solution validation, database performance tuning and database backup and restore procedures and tools.
Who we are looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in a comparable role.
- Software installation, configuration, and maintenance on Linux Environment.
- Virtual machine management using VMWare vSphere and EXSi or similar hypervisor.
- Strong knowledge of Apache web server, Tomcat, shell scripting, and Java in a Linux environment.
- Production Experience in MySQL (Required), Percona or MariaDB or Oracle
- Fluency with disaster recovery and database backup procedures
- Experience in Database Performance Tuning and Database Security
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Understanding fundamentals of network architecture and TCP/IP communication.
- Experience with MySQL’s underlying storage engines
- Knowledge of Percona Toolkits
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.