Job Location Windsor, UK
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Support Analyst is a direct resource to respond customer technical inquiries and problems via a web-based Issue Management System, email and telephone calls. The Support Analyst must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to both clients and internal personnel while working under pressure and within time constraints. The Support Analyst documents client calls and contacts in the Issue Management system; provides troubleshooting leading to issue isolation; identifies replication steps; ensures client expectations are properly managed and that technical issues and needs are resolved to the client’s satisfaction in a timely manner. The Support Analyst is a Tier-2 support resource and is generally able to resolve customer cases related to application usage, reporting, configuration and best practices. Additionally, the support analyst will have primary responsibility for specific daily, weekly and monthly reporting and analytical functions under contractual SLA requirement and as directed by the management chain. Cases that are unable to be resolved are escalated according to established processes.
- Provide direct support for UK customers as well as afterhours support for Canadian and US customers
- Able to provide support for Trilliant Unity Suite applications within a production environment
- Coach and assist customers in utilization of Tier-1 support tools (i.e. FootPrints/TstBench/ProCare)
- Investigate and resolve issues that could be associated with application functionally such as application errors, database or data errors, message flow, network connectivity and server performance
- Document and present customer operational problems, root cause findings and work with development and other teams to identify/isolate root cause and in implementation of solutions
- Document case solutions in troubleshooting guides and/or BKM materials and review/edit/maintain commissioning handover documents
- Interface with Product Management, Project groups and Development teams to promote continuous improvement of Trilliant solutions in all country locations
- Assist in system configuration and support application deployment (including occasional after-hours support during major deployments)
- Provides advice to client on application and database tuning/indexing/maintenance
- Able to identify issues that require elevation through defined Tier Support structure
- Responsible for data extractions and reporting using SQL queries and other reporting tools
- Evaluate, interpret and compile pertinent data in a clear and concise manner for customer or management review
- Able to understand client business processes and data needs to meet customer SLAs
- Monitor and track overall AMI and SLA performance metrics and make recommendations to improve performance
- Other duties as required
Education & Certification
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Computer and Information Technology, Software Engineering or related field.
- Industry certifications such as: MCP, MSSE, MSCA CCNP, CCNA desired
- Related work experience will also be considered
- College / University degree in specified discipline, Military or related training.
- 3-5 years of work experience as a Systems Analyst, Support Analyst, Customer Support Analyst or Customer Support Engineer
- Strong web application experience including installation, configuration and troubleshooting skills with knowledge of Spring and Hibernate
- Should have prior experience supporting applications on Linux (should be familiar with basic Linux commands, services and utilities), OS installation is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Oracle and SQL Server relational database architectures
- Data acquisition application knowledge would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Desired knowledge of Apache web server, Tomcat or WebLogic or WebSphere, SQL, scripting and Java/J2SE in a Linux OS environment
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL), PL/SQL Block in Oracle 9i or higher.
- Understanding fundamentals of network architecture and TCP/IP communication
- Knowledgeable in software development lifecycle, software QA processes, IT change management and issue and problem management
- Knowledgeable of ITIL Service Delivery Framework including: Problem and Issue Management, Issue Classification and Prioritization and Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization with customers, solution partners and outside consultants
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills including use of tools, techniques and best practices
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel (data analysis), Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Utilities industry experience and understanding of Smart Grid / AMI nice to have
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly motivated and able to work independently towards long term goals, undertaking personal initiatives to learn and advance one’s own understanding of Trilliant’s hardware and software products
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning regarding the installation, configuration and operation of the hardware and software components that make up an AMI network.
- Have the discipline to capture and record lessons learned from troubleshooting and support experiences for knowledge transfer to other staff and the development of knowledgebase material and documentation
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency when responding to issues according to defined service level agreements.
- Ability to multi-task on various projects with tight deadlines and to establish mutual agreed upon priorities
- Annual compensation – £40,000 – £50,000, plus a comprehensive medical, life, and pension coverage.
Applications will be accepted up to 20 February 2019
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.