Trilliant offers a universal communications platform that is at the convergence of smart grid, smart city, and global Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. We bring together multi-technology solutions, global capabilities, and mission-critical communications to deliver future proof solutions.
We are a device agnostic, integrated, multi-technology communication platform that provides flexibility to balance technological capabilities with economic needs. At Trilliant, we are committed to best-in-class solutions that empower our customers and their customers to connect the world of things.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering comprehensive benefits and compensation packages with a selection of insurance programs. We have dynamic and collaborative work environments with some of the brightest employees in the world. We invest in people and provide opportunities for our employees to grow hand in hand with our business.
The Support Manager is responsible for managing the support group in adherence with the support agreements (SLAs) of Trilliant’s existing and new customers. Works closely with Engineering to help understand, isolate, and resolve problems. Performs escalation of critical issues and ensure that the support group can help the customer in a timely manner. Manage the after-hours and weekend support for select customers and be an escalation point for critical issues. Track and report on the support group metrices and customer service performance. The role will also include the management and resolution of customer issues.
- Manage the support group that services the customer production sites that are in compliance with support level agreements (SLA’s) including hardware, software and firmware
- Act as a liaison to local program management teams for their customer issues
- Works with engineering teams to resolve customer issues that have not been solved through problem replication or known solutions.
- Works with the customer on deploying patches/upgrade to their production environment
- Track and report metrices on customer’s SLAs
- Host meetings with Internal teams as required to keep all stake holders informed of high profile / impact customer issues as recorded in the issue management system
- Manage and progress all issues recorded in Trilliant’s issue management system.
- Maintain the customer support labs and network environments used to replicate and troubleshoot customer issues
- Daily reviews and updates of Trilliant’s issue management system
- Manage on-call staff and be an escalation point for critical issues
- Manage customer environments in the Cloud/Trilliant hosted
- Assist in troubleshooting customer reported issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experienced in managing customer issues, priorities, and SLAs
- Issue management systems such as Jira Service Desk, TFS
- Experienced in customer service and interactions
- Experienced in dealing with internal key stakeholder for customer issues
- Knowledge of Software engineering, architecture, tools & processes
- Knowledge of wired networks, higher powered wireless networks and data networks
- Advantage to have experience in utilities (HAN/NAN/WAN) and Advanced Electrical Metering (Smart Meters) including ANSI C12.X
- Experience with Operating Systems such as Unix/Linux/CentOS and Microsoft Server
- Experience in relational database such as Oracle, MySQL and MSSQL
- Knowledge of virtual machines environments
- Experience with protocols such as SSH, Telnet, FTP, TCP/IP, DHCP, NTP and Remote connection software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook
- Experience with project management tools
- Must be able to travel to customer sites and other Trilliant offices (~25%)
- Team management skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management
- Ability to identify, propose and implement solutions
- Ability to work concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment while effectively organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating work assignments
- Must be able to work autonomously or as part of a local/remote team
- Ability to manage remote team
Education and Certification:
- College degree in technical sciences, computer networking, computer science or related field
- Related work and or military experience also considered
- Industry Certifications in related IT disciplines highly desired (RHCSA, CCNA, MCSE, MCP)