System Administrator/IT Support
Location Cary (Raleigh-Durham, NC)
Position Type Full Time/Regular
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The System Administrator / IT support is primarily responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, and installing computer applications and systems for Trilliant end users. Provides network, server and PC support duties including troubleshooting, application issues and server administration. This position supports Trilliant operation across multiple offices and time zones including providing tier 1 and tier 2 support, responding to tickets and remote support.
- Provide first contact for user support inquiries; providing ‘hands-on’ support for user’s requests for service; troubleshoots problems and develops solutions; makes minor repairs to equipment and arranges for other servicing needs.
- Manage multi-tier user, application, and server support tickets.
- Setup, configure, and maintain computer workstations, peripherals, printers, and conference room equipment.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Microsoft 365 user management; SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, and meeting administration
- Creation and administration of Windows and Linux virtual servers
- Administration of corporate applications.
- Ensure all applications are performing efficiently on all laptops and servers.
- Manage system backups and recovery.
- Diagnose network issues on corporate and lab networks.
- Manage IT maintenance and patch management of VMware Vhost and virtual servers.
- Installation and maintenance of physical servers and network area storage.
- Work closely with internal IT resources and third-party vendors in resolving hardware/software issues.
- Provide support for IT system security implementations.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of applications and hardware platforms.
- Assist in evaluating new hardware and software, advises users on hardware and software alternatives; recommends standards for selection of software.
- Apply techniques to protect Trilliant data through physical security, anti-virus methods, email filtering, and sound data backup and recovery skills.
- Maintains onsite inventory and maintenance contracts for equipment and parts.
- Support users in a global environment and varying time zones.
- Provide end user training and onboarding.
- Follow department infrastructure and security best practice.
- Participate in IT projects as required.
- Other duties as required to meet divisional objectives.
- 5+ years’ experience with system administration
- 5+ years of IT related 1st and 2nd Level Help Desk Support
- Available on-call for support and problem resolution 24 x 7.
- Must be proficient with Windows and Linux environments
- Knowledge of new developments related to personal computers and networks.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of application programs
- Training experience demonstrating application functionality in a group setting.
- Proven experience in writing user guides and procedural documentation
- Ability to multi-task in fast pass environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related field and 5+ years’ experience in personal computers and server administration; or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
- One or more professional IT certifications (A+, Network+, Server+, Linux+, MCP, MCSA, CCNA)
- 5+ years Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory administration, MCSE/MCSA preferred
- 3+ years Linux (Red Hat, CentOS) Administration, LAMP experience preferred.
- 3+ years Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint configuration and support
- 3+ years Azure Active Directory administration
- 3+ years VMware experience
- Network troubleshooting
- Atlassian software experience
- Cloud (Azure/AWS) administration experience
- Intune / MDM administration
- SharePoint administration
- Veeam administration
- SAP support
- Database (Oracle, MS SQL, MYSQL) support
- Proven ability to identify and diagnose problems related to computer hardware and software and to find effective solutions.
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal presentation skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability to quickly acquire an in-depth knowledge of multiple custom applications.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage available resources accordingly.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, vendors, contractors, and the public.
Spanish language proficiency would be a benefit.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position in the subject line.