Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Project Director is primarily responsible for the execution of client based projects and management of engagements working with other partners as required. The role includes managing and monitoring all project activities, ensuring commitments to operating plan, commercial management and contractual compliance. The Project Director is responsible for ensuring sound account management practices are applied, stakeholder management of the customer in conjunction with objectives for account growth and ensuring that Trilliant is viewed as a valued and respected vendor and/or partner.
- To provide leadership across the Trilliant organization to ensure that our business objectives for customer delivery and growth are understood and included in the planning and execution
- Work across the full project lifecycle in conjunction with other business functions (including Engineering, QA, and SI organizations) to ensure that the functionality and product delivery is compliant with the agreed customer specifications (functional and non-functional).
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering leads to ensure that customer commitments are aligned with product delivery and are delivered on a timely and quality basis, ensuring that risks to meeting those deliveries are understood, documented, and mitigated and that agreed assumptions with the customer are documented and referenceable.
- To ensure that the operating plan commitments for the project are met ensuring that cost and revenue objectives are observed. The responsibility includes providing accurate planning and reporting of billing and revenue, including any such documentation required to ensure legal and or audit evidence.
- To ensure that the contract is managed from the outset to conclusion, ensuring that the Trilliant business is compliant with the contract and providing appropriate management reporting on non-compliance. Driving escalations and actions to closure.
- To ensure that the project Gannt chart is accurate, complete, and maintained on a frequent basis and that the project is executed in alignment with that plan. That timely and accurate reporting is provided on the Gannt chart with clear escalation and action assigned to items that are at risk or late, including management of critical path items and any internal or external dependencies.
- Define and manage project/engagement RAID (Risk, Assumption, Issue, and Dependency) registers, ensuring that non-conformances are managed and communicated appropriately to internal and external stakeholders.
- To facilitate workshop activity with the Customer and the Trilliant functional teams to document achievable requirements and drive agreed solution design. Where the solution is either an alignment of customer requirements with an existing product or deriving new requirements that align with product strategies and roadmaps.
- To provide a knowledge and reference point to Trilliant functions on the overall solution design, contract, and customer committed requirements ensuring clarity on these areas and conformance to commitments.
- To ensure that all project documentation (specifications, project artifacts, working agreements) is stored in the company document management system in an ordered and identifiable manner.
- To ensure that project information, records, and documentation are stored in the company document management system in an ordered and accessible manner. To maintain accurate records in customer and internal meetings of agreed approaches, decisions, assumptions and actions.
- To proactively seek revenue and bookings growth opportunities in new and existing customers ensuring that Trilliant is viewed as a valuable business partner and trusted advisor.
- To work in conjunction with the sales team to develop proposals and tender responses of the highest professional standards and ensure that Trilliant delivery and execution is perceived as first class and able to demonstrate PMP or other suitable project and execution methodologies.
- To participate and support other business initiatives as required.
- Full project lifecycle and customer engagement experience from definition, through development, QA customer verification and transition into ‘business as usual operation’
- 10+ years of experience of working in large corporate environments and/with system integration businesses delivering
- Demonstrated experience in supporting successful projects in complex corporate environments
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to excel in a dynamic , high growth environment
- Outstanding communications and stakeholder management skills, capable of communicating effectively to both business and technical resources
- Ability to write and direct the writing of clear and concise functional documentation
- Competency with Word, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Visio and similar business tools
- Experience in the Utility, Smart Grid or Energy Management field
- Extensive experience with IT industry standards and practices including UML/Rational, ITIL, Prince2, ISO
- Experienced in managing large distributed teams through direct and dotted line management (matrix management)
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering