Bilingual RF Network Engineer
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Bilingual RF Network Engineer’s primary responsibility is the design, deployment, and optimization of RF Communication Networks throughout the Latin American Region. Working within a project team both locally and abroad, the RF Network engineer will coordinate and execute design and deployment activities including RF network design, in-field site survey & RF testing, device installation and deployment, network and device configuration, network optimization, field troubleshooting and maintenance of the network equipment. The RF Network Engineer will with other members of the project team to test complete system and end to end connectivity.
- Create RF network design to determine network device locations by conducting RF analysis with RF simulation software
- Determine proper configuration of the network devices for end-to-end connectivity ie: IP addressing, DHCP settings, VLAN & VPN configurations, etc.
- Perform site surveys and validate the RF Performance of proposed network hardware network locations in the field prior to RF Network Deployment
- Work with regional utility crews to determine feasibility of designed location in terms of site suitability, power availability, mounting heights, cabling requirements, etc.
- Provide remote and on-site technical support and troubleshooting and repair for various Trilliant wireless mesh and p2p/p2mp solutions
- Monitor RF Network and perform statistical and spatial data analysis using GIS and RF simulation software to identify KPIs and performance trends, and propose improvement or mitigation strategies as appropriate
- Perform end-to-end connectivity testing and troubleshooting of then networking components, including the core backhaul network and IT infrastructure
- Create and maintain documentation summarizing RF Network designs, Network Performance, and other process related documents
- Participate in creating and delivering content for Customer Training programs
- You may be required to perform on-call duties, when assigned, to support network maintenance or other efforts across multiple time zones (depending on the project) during off-hours, which could include nights, weekends and holidays
- Minimum 3-5 years in RF Networking, IT Networking, or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills in both Spanish and English
- Experience in design and deployment of RF Networks such as Mesh Networks, Cellular, Point-to-Point, or Point-to-Multipoint Systems
- Specific Experience in deploying ISP and LPWAN Networks is an advantage
- Solid understanding of core Information Technology principles, basic electronics, and antenna theory
- General computer skills are required (Windows, Linux, MS office, Command Line Interfaces, MapInfo or similar GIS software).
- Experience with and solid understanding of IPv4/v6 networking is an advantage
- Ability to effectively facilitate team and client meetings
- Ability to travel locally within Chile as well as within the wider Latin American region and abroad
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in related field (Communications, Networking, Electronics)
- Cisco certifications or Network certifications (CCENT/CCNA/ CompTIA Network+) is an asset