Trilliant offers a universal communications platform that is at the convergence of the smart grid, smart city, and global Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. We bring together multi-technology solutions, global capabilities, and mission-critical communications to deliver future-proof solutions.
We are a device-agnostic, integrated, multi-technology communication platform that provides flexibility to balance technological capabilities with economic needs. Trilliant is committed to best-in-class solutions that empower our customers and their customers to connect to the world of things.
We are an equal-opportunity employer offering comprehensive benefits and compensation packages with a selection of insurance programs. We have dynamic and collaborative work environments with some of the brightest employees in the world. We invest in people and provide opportunities for our employees to grow hand in hand with our business.
The Metershop Technician is responsible for refurbishing, inspecting, calibrating, and sealing meters. The incumbent will play a key role in assisting with Measurement Canada documentation and audits. Participates in continuous improvement activities and in the promotion and business development of the meter shop function. This position will be reporting to Manager, Metershop.
- Operate test boards & other equipment.
- Refurbish, Hi-pot test meters repair, test and calibrate single & polyphase meters.
- Follow procedures governed by Measurement Canada and the company.
- Identify and record information as per Measurement Canada and the company’s procedures.
- Provide and implement solutions to problems arising out of day-to-day operations.
- Ongoing training & update technical procedures and Best practices as per Measurement Canada and the company’s requirement and policy.
- Control and record non-conformance to Measurement Canada and the company’s procedure.
- Make final inspection, prepare inspection certificate, sign & issue inspection certificate.
- Prepare daily production reports and packing slips for the sale of meters and other materials.
- Locate, move, sort, and assemble meters and metering equipment.
- Prepare paperwork for the meter for final shipment to the customer.
- Promote safety through compliance with Trilliant QMS policies and procedures, taking steps to carry out work in a safe manner.
- Test, reprogram, and seal meters to internal and government standards, maintain meter test equipment and documents, and review meter product Quality Documents before use.
- Support our Quality System by participating in audits and process development, identifying and documenting non-conformances, and corrective actions, and promoting continuous improvement.
- Train apprentices and staff on equipment and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, EUSR, and other related safety regulations.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment and their life cycles
- Experience in continuous improvement activities
- Requires a minimum of 3-4 years of related experience.
- Working Knowledge of electrical boards, meters, metering devices, and other related equipment and accessories.
- Knowledge and Understanding of Measurement Canada Regulations
- Strong knowledge of metering concepts and supporting technologies
- Electrical Technician or Technologist Certificate from a community college, or Certified Electrician License, considered an asset.
PASSIONATE-We find the right solutions for customers and exceed their expectations.
ACCOUNTABLE-We work smartly and tackle problems with urgency to get the job done.
CONFIDENT We look to the future and partner with each other to deliver world-class solutions.
ENERGIZED-We are excited and support the growth and direction of Trilliant.