Network Product Manager
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Network Product Manager will lead the product management of Trilliant’s wireless mesh enabled SmartGrid network products. The Product Manager will develop market requirements, work closely with Trilliant’s engineering and operations teams to bring these solutions to market.
- Manage from beginning to end of the product lifecycle, from strategic planning to product end of life.
- Develop Market Requirement Definition and Product Requirement Definition documents
- Engage with customers and experts inside and outside the company to formulate compelling product roadmaps, value propositions, and product business cases
- Support the development of product documentation, tech notes, white papers and marketing collateral
- Help manage and troubleshoot engineering, manufacturing, and customer deployment issues as they arise
- Work with the engineering team to deliver quality products on time and within budget
- Contribute to building strong company-wide product management processes
- Help to establish Trilliant’s SmartGrid network solution strategy and roadmap
- Develop competitive analyses
- Become the company’s product expert for his/her designated solutions
- Work with the marketing, sales, and business development teams to respond to RFPs and sales support
- Deep understanding of wireless communication networks, wireless and IP protocols and standards
- Experience in the utility market strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work well with customers, as well as with peers in the sales, manufacturing and engineering organization
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching excellent products
- 6+ years in engineering, marketing, and/or product management roles
- Engineering background required; MBA preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in related field (Communications, Networking, Electronics) is an asset