Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their careers, and our business.
In this role reporting to SC MFG Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our contract manufacturer partners that assemble and build our complete line of products.
As part of a manufacturing engineering group (MFG/TESTING/QA) that introduces new products to manufacturing and supports those products through the end of life, you will specialize in the Quality Controls for the electronics and box build of Trilliant’s sophisticated communication and energy-related systems. The ideal candidate would have experience with electronics assemblies, having directly worked for a subcontractor of electronic products. This position provides a fast-paced, multi-project environment where you can make an immediate impact on product quality.
You will also work with our R&D engineering team and SC’s manufacturing Engineer to review assembly procedures and instructions prior to deployment at the CMs and conduct new production introduction (NPIs), Product Validation, and Testing (PVTs) activities.
This position requires collaboration among cross-functional teams within Trilliant as well as with vendors, customers, and strategic business partners. You will be providing cross-functional leadership and collaboration with R&D, Finances teams, Project Managers and Directors to establish and maintain and improve the Trilliant product line’s overall assembly quality experience.
You will also actively participate in documenting business processes within the SC organization, ensuring that the document format is as per Trilliant format but also that SC team has all the required various ISO certification mandatory requirements in place. Whenever possible, work with the different SC MGR to streamline processes in place. You will be responsible for supporting and documenting corrective action request-CAR/8D, production deviations (TDRs) with/from suppliers, internal team activities, and contract manufacturers. Analyze CAR/8D provided and make sure it solves the issue completely.
- Participates in supplier validation audits, and quality processes related.
- Perform on-site supplier visits when required for root cause analysis and verification of correction actions of supplier quality issues
- Assist with first-off sample approvals and documentation.
- Work with the Supply Chain TEST Engineering team to review FPY data from our CMs to make sure we are aiming for the highest FPY; challenge test duration and sequences based on historical test data to possibly reduce test time—cost reduction.
- Internal ISO auditor for the SC team. Conduct internal audits.
- Serve as a technical reference within Trilliant about anything related to manufacturing quality issues.
- Owner of Supply Chain team business processes documentation review and compliance. Work with Trilliant V-P of quality to validate that critical processes are documented.
- Work with our CM to identify areas for improvement, and promote the use of techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six Sigma, and Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), leading to cost reduction opportunities.
- Share best manufacturing/quality practices with our CMs.
- Produce written reports and make presentations.
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved supplier quality issues within assigned projects and suppliers
- Analyze field reliability data and product along with the CMs, the R&D & RMA team, to propose design improvements. Provide design feedback for manufacturability, serviceability, and reliability.
- Manage internal and external requests about product quality issues; establish priorities.
- Reviewing and challenging (when applicable) warranty claims (RMA);
- Working to meet Fiscal Year Departmental Goals;
- Proactively makes recommendations and changes that could improve efficiencies of SC MFG ENG TEAM operations (Business Process wise)
- Manages customer escalations in regard to MFG quality issues on the highest priority and works with internal teams for solutions;
- Whenever required, participate in internal and customer meetings to review quality issues metrics;
- Participating in the resolution of customer concerns about product quality issues;
- Establish and maintain communication flow between engineering teams and CMs;
- Publicize findings (quality issue) and work in conjunction with our CMS and R&D teams to identify corrective actions and engineering change requests.
- Participating in ISO audits. Actively participate to create, review and update department ISO documents (QUALITY ENG wise), processes, and work instructions to ensure compliance levels are met;
- Drive permanent resolution of Quality and customer issues caused by supplier or design defects when applicable.
- Undertake personal continuous training and development
- Participate in audits at the client, OEM, and subcontracting firm locations to identify areas of improvement specific to Quality engineering.
- Establish and publicize Quality metrics; Prepare and review quality-related reports regarding the department’s performance and productivity to ensure the quality of service from SC MFG ENG TEAM and that it meets the department’s KPI;
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with subcontracting firms and OEM (original equipment manufacturer);
- Provides leadership and/or participation in customer Quality Meetings (QM) and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR).
- Organize regular (monthly) quality-driven meetings with our critical suppliers.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a similar role;
- Excellent ISO certifications knowledge.
- Problem-solving and lean mfg skills
- Good experience with the printed circuit board and box build assembly processes;
- Outstanding customer service skills; strong customer service orientation, ethics, and ability to be empathetic and accept ownership;
- Strong experience in processes involved with electronic product manufacturing.
- Good knowledge of IPC Standards;
- Excellent communication skills in English– both written and oral; French/Spanish fluent is an asset;
- Ability to work in a start-up environment where teamwork is critical;
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and related processes with firmware and software-intensive electronics products;
- Proven ability to forge positive and lasting relationships with business partners, and contract manufacturers including external utility clients and distribution channels;
- Proficient with MS Office applications;
- Open to other cultures, and worldwide traveling (a few (1-6) travels per year)
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Very hands-on, with strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of ARENA solution; Product lifecycle Management tool.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven ability to manage a geographically dispersed supplier network.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- PMP certification is an asset.
- Certified 6 Sigma green belt, an asset.
PASSIONATE-We find the right solutions for customers and exceed their expectations.
ACCOUNTABLE-We work smartly and tackle problems with urgency to get the job done.
CONFIDENT We look to the future and partner with each other to deliver world-class solutions.
ENERGIZED-We are excited and support the growth and direction of Trilliant.