Trilliant offers a universal communications platform that is at the convergence of the smart grid, smart city, and global Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. We bring together multi-technology solutions, global capabilities, and mission-critical communications to deliver future-proof solutions.
We are a device-agnostic, integrated, multi-technology communication platform that provides flexibility to balance technological capabilities with economic needs. Trilliant is committed to best-in-class solutions that empower our customers and their customers to connect to the world of things.
We are an equal-opportunity employer offering comprehensive benefits and compensation packages with a selection of insurance programs. We have dynamic and collaborative work environments with some of the brightest employees in the world. We invest in people and provide opportunities for our employees to grow hand in hand with our business.
Trilliant is currently hiring a Support Engineer who will report to the Director of Customer Operations. The Support Engineer (SE) is responsible for direct (L2/L3) interaction with Trilliant’s customers and channel partners in support of new and existing products in our growing network of utility, IIOT, and wireless networking products. Works closely with development organizations to help understand, isolate, and resolve problems. Support Engineer investigates customer-reported problems to develop solutions and resolve production incidents or problems. Escalates unresolvable problems to the appropriate Engineering team for further investigation and resolution. The Support Engineer has a global operational perspective with detailed product knowledge and can reach across the organization in support of the installed base.
- ·Provide solution support across customer production sites that are in compliance with support agreements (SLA’s) including hardware, software and firmware
- Act as a liaison to local program management teams for customer issues
- Works with internal engineering teams to resolve customer issues that have not been solved through problem replication or known solutions. Support Engineer verify issues, document steps to reproduce, validate solutions, and typically apply the patch/upgrade or change to the production environment
- Monitor and track network hardware and device failures and other irregularities as reported by the customer through the issue-tracking system
- Track all Trilliant products for failure trends and provide feedback to engineering for product enhancements or amendments
- Manage and progress all issues recorded in Trilliants issue management system.
- Maintain the customer support labs and network environments used to replicate and troubleshoot customer issues
- Creates BKM’s, Knowledge Base articles, Trouble Shooting documents, and Process Flow diagrams
- Daily review and update of the issue management system
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of wired networks, commercial wireless networks and data networks (Access Points/Modems/Switches/Routers)
- Exposure to IEEE 802.11x, 802.15x and Mesh networks
- Knowledge of a variety of analytical tools, techniques and best practices used in the wireless networking and server maintenance areas desired
- Knowledge in Utilities (FAN/NAN/WAN) and Advanced Electrical Metering (Smart Meters) (ANSI C12.X / DLMS)
- Experience with Operating Systems such as Unix/Linux/CentOS
- Use of SQL queries against a database such as Oracle, MySQL or MSSQL with manipulation of CSV files
- Knowledge of virtual machines environments (VMWare)
- Experience with protocols such as SSH, Telnet, FTP, TCP/IP, DHCP, NTP and Remote connection software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, co-workers, staff at all levels, customers and outside contacts of diverse backgrounds while representing Trilliant
- College degree in technical sciences, computer networking, computer science or related field
- Related work and or military experience also considered
- Industry Certifications in related IT disciplines highly desired (RHCSA, CCNA, MCSE, MCP)
PASSIONATE-We find the right solutions for customers and exceed their expectations.
ACCOUNTABLE-We work smartly and tackle problems with urgency to get the job done.
CONFIDENT We look to the future and partner with each other to deliver world-class solutions.
ENERGIZED-We are excited and support the growth and direction of Trilliant.