Trilliant offers a universal communications platform that is at the convergence of the smart grid, smart city, and global Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications. We bring together multi-technology solutions, global capabilities, and mission-critical communications to deliver future-proof solutions.
We are a device-agnostic, integrated, multi-technology communication platform that provides flexibility to balance technological capabilities with economic needs. Trilliant is committed to best-in-class solutions that empower our customers and their customers to connect to the world of things.
We are an equal-opportunity employer offering comprehensive benefits and compensation packages with a selection of insurance programs. We have dynamic and collaborative work environments with some of the brightest employees in the world. We invest in people and provide opportunities for our employees to grow hand in hand with our business.
Our Quality Engineering (QE) team is looking for a QE Test Specialist – Smart city solutions in the Operations organization. The role requires a dynamic agile engineering mindset, patience, and persistence to solve complex problems, ability to get things done quickly but thoughtfully, and strong engineering skills.
This position requires strong expertise in firmware validation and integrated solution verification. Requires deep understanding of communication systems, network switching and routing protocols, hardware, firmware, network management software and Linux operating system. This position also requires collaboration with hardware, firmware and software teams and partners to test, validate, and support new and existing hardware, firmware, software, and integrated solutions.
- Apply agile engineering best practices to analyze requirements, and customer use cases and field deployment scenarios to design high-quality test plans and tests.
- Support the quality engineering group’s commitment to driving continuous quality of Smart metering solutions.
- Collaborate efficiently with developers, designers, product managers, and support engineers to enforce quality objectives.
- Roll up your sleeves and put your heads together to brainstorm requirements for feature tests, end-to-end tests, and solutions through thorny issues.
- Deploy Trilliant solutions in the QE lab with required test environments that include Gas/Water/Electric smart meters, access points, and supported HES software.
- Define different QE test environments for functional and non-functional tests and maintain them.
- Design required automation to simplify complex test scenarios and run scalability and performance testing.
- Test and learn – You are empowered to identify problems and improvement opportunities, formulate hypotheses, and experiment with solutions.
- Work with a talented, passionate, mission-driven, and energized team who values your input and your individuality.
- 6 or more years of experience in a comparable or similar role.
- Experience in testing any IIoT or Smart City solutions like water metering desired.
- Experience with wireless networks, such as 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax.
- Strong networking background. Experience with, and solid understanding of IPv4/v6 networks, and protocols such as SSH, Telnet, FTP, TCP/IP, DHCP, NTP, SNMP.
- Strong Linux OS background with advanced knowledge in Virtual Machine configuration.
- Ability to use network analysis tools like Wireshark to capture and analyze network management traffic.
- Experience in testing firmware of any type of communication modules or any other data communication products.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL.
- REST-based API experience a plus.
- Network performance testing experience a plus.
- Self-Starter with excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with peers and teams spread across multiple geographic regions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently on multiple tasks with organizing and prioritizing assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any equivalent Engineering is required
- Industry Certifications in related IT disciplines highly desired (RHCSA, CCNA, MCSE, MCP)
PASSIONATE-We find the right solutions for customers and exceed their expectations.
ACCOUNTABLE-We work smartly and tackle problems with urgency to get the job done.
CONFIDENT We look to the future and partner with each other to deliver world-class solutions.
ENERGIZED-We are excited and support the growth and direction of Trilliant.