VP of Sales
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
Position requires Strategic Enterprise Sales of Trilliant Smart Grid Enterprise and Network products, services to Utility Companies. This requires effective sales skills in opportunity identification, project qualification, presentation skills, proposal leadership and in-depth knowledge of Smart Grid value proposition mapping to key stakeholders for Energy Generation to Energy Distribution at Utility companies.
This position reports to the Managing Director in respective country, requires knowledge of both value disciplines of Customer Intimacy and Enterprise Sales Effectiveness of Smart Grid evolution that will enable the successful candidate to close sales contracts and develop long-term sales relationships with key stakeholders at Utility Companies.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Collaborate with Enterprise Opportunity Capture and Value Delivery Service team to develop and execute a Market-based Sales Plan to support both short and long range sales and revenue objectives for Utility Smart Grid projects.
- Initiate contact with utility-related prospects through sales and marketing techniques, to generate interest in and sales of client’s Smart Grid budget
- Ability to mentor and lead the Smart Grid Enterprise sales cycle, negotiations and contract Provide strategic and tactical direction of large complex Smart Grid project sales
- Establish professional relationships with appropriate client groups including Smart Grid Strategic Planning group, C-level execs, Smart Grid program office and Smart Grid project and technical
- Work with current and future sales and SI partners to develop sales opportunities through these selling channels
- Maintain through knowledge current and future client’s corporate goals and performance objectives
- Understand competitive environment and competitor offerings and develop an effective competitive sales plan
- Maintain a consistent, accurate pipeline and Continuously update and maintain prospect database for pipeline management, daily activity and forecast data
- Assist in the identification and development of strategic relationships with market-related associations, organizations, trade groups and other industry influences to increase the company’s visibility, market share and product/service offerings
- Self-motivated, results-orientated individual with high degree of energy and competitiveness balanced with integrity and a personable demeanor
- Monitor and maintain budgeted personal expenditures related to business travel, networking, and other business development programs to maintain corporate profit margins
- Prepare various reports as required by Trilliant Sales Management regarding current and prospective accounts
- Participate in corporate sales meetings and product training sessions
- Perform all assigned duties in the assigned sales territory with minimal supervision
- Proven track record in technical sales
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- 5-7 years sales experience, Energy Efficiency knowledge is required
- 4 years Bachelor’s Degree in Business and Technical Field is Must demonstrate an ability to inspire confidence and work collaboratively with team members, management, and peers
- Ability to identify customer needs and relate them accurately to service products’ capabilities
- Proven track record of setting and meeting demanding sales objectives