Director of Sales
Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The Director of Sales is a senior level position plays a key role in company sales efforts and enablement throughout the Canadian geographical region. This position will have responsibility for expanding our smart grid and smart city solution portfolio of solutions into new markets and customers. This position is responsible for assisting in achieving annual business sales bookings as determined collaboratively with the Managing Director for the region. We are looking for a professional who is committed to winning and leveraging their energy industry relationships.
- Responsibility for sales bookings and enablement for the region, working both directly with customers as well as utilizing partners and internal stakeholders.
- Utilize industry experience and knowledge of market to prioritize opportunities and develop strong vertical relationships within target utilities, developers, and strategic partners
- Understand competitive environment and competitor offerings in order to develop sales strategy
- Assist in the identification and development of strategic relationships with regulators, market-related associations, organizations, trade groups and other industry influencers to improve position in market
- Assist in developing and refining the go to market plan for business
- Represent as a senior sales executive at conferences, client meetings, and other public forums
- 10+ years of successful performance in handling complex, multi-faceted, direct large account customers in the Energy marketplace – e.g., utilities and related value chain
- Understanding of the Utilities and Energy regulatory process
- Ideal candidates bring a range of customer and partner relationships within the Utilities industry
- Primary responsibility for developing a business development pipeline for the company including identifying prospective clients and engaging with such parties on investment strategies with a mandate to grow the firm’s assets.
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of sales and marketing materials and strategic planning of marketing initiatives.
- Well-organized, creative, strategic thinker equally capable of tactical execution and driving results
- Extensive experience selling to and presenting to intermediate and senior level customers
- Customer-centric mindset, able to translate customer issues/needs into business solutions
- Experience successfully introducing a new company/product/service into new and relevant markets
- Ability to articulate vision and value to utilities, customers, channel partners, and end users; to differentiate the company from competitors
- Exceptional relationship-orientation, with a robust track record of closing deals
- Conceptual knowledge of:
Utility and Municipal services
Metering, AMI, Smart Grid, Edge Computing, Analytics
Bachelor’s degree an asset, working experience essential