Trilliant® empowers the energy industry with the only purpose-built communications platform that enables utilities and cities to securely and reliably deploy any application – on one powerful network. With the most field-proven, globally compliant solution in the market, Trilliant empowers you by connecting the world of things™. We empower our employees to deliver on our commitment to our customers by encouraging passion, accountability, confidence, and energy for excellence. We invest in our people and provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career, and our business.
The RF Field Engineer’s primary responsibility will be to work with utility technicians to coordinate and execute field activities including aiding in the creation of the RF Network Design, Site Survey & RF Testing, Site construction and deployment of the RF Network, as well as field troubleshooting and maintenance of the network equipment.
- Perform Site Surveys and validate the RF Performance of proposed network hardware network locations in the field prior to RF Network Deployment
- Work with regional utility crews to determine feasibility of designed location in terms of site suitability, power availability, mounting heights, etc
- Identify and make recommendation on suitable alternative mounting locations, evaluating impact on design tolerances
- Work with network design team to address and solve process deployment issues in the field
- Assist in field diagnosis and repair of problematic components and devices by visiting their locations throughout the APAC region as accordingly dispatched via the project
- Use various test tools to assess whether a Network device is working and responsive and recommend or facilitate proper course of action
- Modify soft configurations and/or perform Firmware upgrades in the field using Trilliant test tools
- Provide technical support for various Trilliant wireless mesh and p2p/p2mp solutions
- Create process documentation and/or devise lists that need to be replaced, moved or otherwise altered
- Monitor the Network Devices to confirm the problems have been resolved and record resolution
- You may be required to perform on-call duties, when assigned, to support network maintenance or other efforts across multiple time zones (depending on the project) during off-hours, which could include nights, weekends and holidays
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in related field (Communications, Networking, Electronics)
- Minimum 3-5 years in RF Networking or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills in both English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Ability to travel within Malaysia and abroad; both within the APAC region as well as overseas.
- Experience in Architecture and Deployment of Mesh Networks or other RF Networks such as Cellular, Point-to-Point, or Point-to-Multipoint Systems
- Specific Experience in deploying ISP and LPWAN Networks is an advantage
- Solid understanding of core Information Technology principles, basic electronics and antenna theory
- General Computer skills is required (Windows, Linux, MS office, Command Line Interfaces, MapInfo or Similar). CompTIA A+ certification is an advantage
- Experience with and solid understanding of IPv4/v6 networking is an advantage (CCENT/CCNA)
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and self initiate diagnosis
- Able to utilize problem solving methodologies while in the field independently
- Trilliant is a Global Organization requiring working hours to span multiple time zones – ability to handle work out of typical business hours is a must.